1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview Firmware

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by asad78611, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nutter81

nutter81 Guest

Can some one help me, my starview box has just gone! tried everything rescanning, even factory setting and then rescanned but still no luck. When i turn back the emu key on and go to one of the channels it just says "updating" but the channel doesnt come back. It just continues to update. What can i do to get my channels back? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP.

2. steo46

steo46 Regular member

depends on what area you are in. there are new codes for different areas.

3. baillie1

baillie1 Member

hiya, my starview has also lost most of its channels, I live in Airdrie in Scotland postcode ML6, can anyone tell me the new codes and do they go in the nagravision on the menu, thanks

4. 310radio

310radio Member

Also says information is for that forums members only.

5. doggboy

doggboy Member

right then, hi all. well if your starview box has just gone off then here's how i've just fixed mine. it was doing exactly the same as described above, just updating. right have it on any channel and press the menu button, now dont go into anything, so there should just be a list of options up. now press 1570 on the remote and a secret set of options comes up. select nagravision, now with the key number on 00 go to the key data and it starts DF, go onto the F and press 5 so it changes and then starts with D5 instead then press ok to store it. now go up to the key number and change it to 01 and a different key data code will come up, this should start with EE change this in the same mannor as before to E4 and press ok to save again. now exit the menu's to find all your channels back. happy viewing.

6. freedosh

freedosh Guest

Hi just a warning to anybody, i bought a starview box of ebay and when i recieved it, it was fitted with the 260 firware...it has totaly killed the box, i have changed the firmware but it still wont unscramble the channels, i have now tried 255, 257, 258 and non of them work, this as totaly done my head in, i have tried the1570 method and the 2004 method, but the system doesnt update it just keeps going back to 0% , if anybody has any idea why the channels are still scrambled or wether they agree that the 260 has killed my system , please help...anybody else know why i cant get channels please let me know, it is finding the channels no problem , but it wont find any ntl ones on either of the firmware...please help

7. freedosh

freedosh Guest

anybody got new codes for rochdale, gtr manchester, everybodys box is crashing DONT USE 260

8. debletts

debletts Guest

when i try an down load the gt rom loader it says no file any ideas

9. freedosh

freedosh Guest

Who is this wizard guy, i hope its not the same guy i bought one off, as he seems to be totaly ignoring me, it doesnt work and it hAD 260 on it, i think that killed it as soon as i connected it...please help anybody, i have tried every firmware still all scrambled, tried the 1570 and 2004 method, all still scrambled, please please help

10. steo46

steo46 Regular member

you need to input the new keys in the nagravision menu. keys can be fornd on this forum.

11. asad78611

asad78611 Member

To freedosh: If your box starts then it is not killed. A killed box is useless. It will not start so you wont be able to view anything on it. It also is not flashable. If you can access the MENU then your box is not dead.

Go to MENU ... type 1570 ... goto Nagravision ... and input these codes for each of the providers
    Code:
                   NTL
    Key 0 - D5 68 00 5A 29 36 51 D1
    Key 1 - E4 87 54 DF 4D 01 EC BA

Code:
                  C & W
    Key 0 - 1F EE 87 F9 E3 FA 2A AB
    Key 1 - EC 05 9C B0 3B 95 A2 A7

Code:
                  Telewest
    Key 0 - 4A 56 C3 4E 55 FC CB 14
    Key 1 - 0B 0D FC 37 7E BF FE 13

As far as I know these will work for any region in the UK

Last edited: May 25, 2007
  12. asad78611

asad78611 Member

What you have to do is download a firmware file (255, 257, 259,) along with it. Click BIN file and select the Firmware.

13. biggebruv

biggebruv Regular member

hey
    im havning a major problem with my starview all ov a sudden
    IM IN DUBLIN AND IVE GOT NTL:DIGITAL SERVICE.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE
    when i go to a channel it says channel updateing 460% and then goes back down

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE

14. steo46

steo46 Regular member

Go to MENU ... type 1570 ... goto Nagravision

HERES THE N*L KEYS FOR IRELAND

KEY 0 = 3b d5 b1 4a 53 e0 71 6c
    KEY 1 = cb c9 bb a1 1f 39 ff 86

input the above codes. make sure you press ok to save them after you input.

this should solve your problem.

15. biggebruv

biggebruv Regular member

16. biggebruv

biggebruv Regular member

bbbbbbbbbbiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggg THANKS!!!!!!!!! to you man

17. steo46

steo46 Regular member

Go to MENU ... type 1570 ... goto Nagravision

HERES THE N*L KEYS FOR IRELAND

KEY 0 = 3b d5 b1 4a 53 e0 71 6c
    KEY 1 = cb c9 bb a1 1f 39 ff 86

input the above codes. make sure you press ok to save them after you input.

this should solve your problem.

18. biggebruv

biggebruv Regular member

Yeah that was real quick i was gonna rescan the box there before i remembered this site pppppppppheeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww!!! the thought of arangeing those channels again. anyway thanks for that STEO46

19. richiemkk

richiemkk Member

Asad if your around . is ther someway i can contact you for some help regarding my starview bxs??
    I have somehow managed to shut them down whilst trying to download a copy of the 257 at the beginning on this post!
    I did speak to you before about this, but lost the contact as im not online very often ..
    during the donload i had the download % on the screen / then as soon as it finished the bxs just shut down and now i have a green light running across the front of the bxs and i cannot turn them on??
    Knowone seems to know whats happened!!
    CAN YOU PM ME ON THIS?? or can i leave you a number?/
    Was ganne pm you but it says i cannot on rules
    Cheers richard

20. pepsimax1

pepsimax1 Guest

Hi PPL

All my channels are now scrambled/bad channel. I have updated with the keys posted on hear, worked all day yesterday and this morning, however now not working. Key EMU is on, Running on 2.57, All help welcome. when running auto scan, o channels found. Help please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.