1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview Firmware

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by asad78611, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asad78611

asad78611 Member

There are keys just above. Those keys will fic your scrambled channels. As far as I can tell all boxes have gone off together

2. Davy644

Davy644 Guest

Hi all,am gutted after down loading Bin file 259 asads file my box as just crashed just lines,i thought it was a genuine starview and could be updated, i tried logging on to sat downloads to try the fix what was reccemended but am unable to open an acount as i am banned by IP and i can honestly say that i have never even logged onto the site at all ever,so now am just looking at getting my box running again so i can have another crack at an update with the right file,HELP any ideas welcome regards Davy

3. b0ywond3r

b0ywond3r Member

hi my starview box was working fine the other day and then all of a sudden i cant get any of the channels with the $ dollar sign next to. I've reset the box back to factory settings and thenreinstalled it. no joy. if iswitch to achannel with the dollar $ it sits there and pops up a window saying Info data is been updated .... ive seen the percentage go up to 150%+ then it repeats it again.

Any ideas what i can do to fix this. have virgin/ntl done something to my box? if so i can i flash it and get it back up and running?

cheers

4. Davy644

Davy644 Guest

Its ok i managed to download the softwear from the CD that came with it and its back up again, but could do with an update for my starview box i beleive its the smaller model less memory made in Koria

5. freedosh

freedosh Guest

Asad , thank you very much for your help, i cant stress how helpfull you were, I followed your instructions and after days of trying myself i had it running in minutes, You obviously know your stuff and i am very grateful, once again thanks a lot.

6. freedosh

freedosh Guest

To davy 644, Hey davy you can change your ip address, just type in
    CHANGE MY IP ADDRESS in your google browser and it will divert you to a page that changes it for you, i have done it loads of times,

7. freedosh

freedosh Guest

Hey b0ywond3r
    all you need to do is the following
    click menu, go down to parental lock, click on it, then press info followed by 2004, you will be diverted to another screen, click on the nagravision, then change all the codes to these

NTL
    Key 0 - D5 68 00 5A 29 36 51 D1
    Key 1 - E4 87 54 DF 4D 01 EC BA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C & W
    Key 0 - 1F EE 87 F9 E3 FA 2A AB
    Key 1 - EC 05 9C B0 3B 95 A2 A7

Telewest
    Key 0 - 4A 56 C3 4E 55 FC CB 14
    Key 1 - 0B 0D FC 37 7E BF FE 13

I got this info of asad and it worked perfect for me, i am running on 259...Let me know hw you get on, once again cheers asad...

8. pepsimax1

pepsimax1 Guest

Hi Asad - I was told to do a factory reset, but all i have got now is dashes where the cannels where displayed, parental control is greyed out and cannot access. appreciate you thoughts so far ASAD

9. Nick1976

Nick1976 Guest

Hi all,

I use a Starview box in the UK on NTL ( Virgin Media ).

The new codes in this forum work, they got my channels back and are much appreciated but they're not a perfect fix, the channels occasionally cut out and say 'bad or scrambled channel' for a minute or so, then they come back.

Does anyone else get this problem ?

Does anyone know how to fix it ?

Does anyone know the best place to download the latest software update if needed ?

Thanks

10. b0ywond3r

b0ywond3r Member

freedosh

Hi yep donr that after I put the message up... dooh such a dummy thank you for the responce

11. mikeygb69

mikeygb69 Regular member

the key change is only a temporary fix & the scrambled channel message is normal, a lot of people get it, , just have to put up with it until update is released. when one is released you will find out about it on here BUT wait for it to be tested 1st

12. steo46

steo46 Regular member

update firmware should be released later today.

13. asad78611

asad78611 Member

Hi Asad - I was told to do a factory reset, but all i have got now is dashes where the cannels where displayed, parental control is greyed out and cannot access. appreciate you thoughts so far ASAD

It seems you have not done a scan yet. Before those options are available you must do a scan of your network.

You just need to enter keys into your box. There above somewhere.

14. skans789

skans789 Guest

Just wondering how do i insert the codes not understanding the key1 and key 2 part where do they go?

thanks

15. steo46

steo46 Regular member

16. asad78611

asad78611 Member

Thought I'd let you know.

I'm adding 300 to the list as I speak

17. rbhojani

rbhojani Member

hi, i have downloaded all the software and tried very hard i keep getting the message flash update failed. please please help me.
    thanks a lot

18. monitor19

monitor19 Member

rbhojani sounds like you've chosen the wrong comport try changing to com2 in the gtrom software

19. freedosh

freedosh Guest

hi rbhojani, I had the exact problem and for hours i couldnt work out what was wrong, i was using a usb to rs-232 and it was working fine, The gtrom was saying com3 was the one i neededd, but everytime i went to download it would say faile and program not responding, so after messing about a bit i noticed that it had installed my serial cable on com port 7, but the gtrom only goes to com 4, and on my comouter i had a bluetooth device on com 3, the gto was picking this for some reason, anyway i ha to delete my printers and other devices until i reinstalled my rs 232 lead and it was on com 3, it worked perfect after that...hope you can understand this

20. freedosh

freedosh Guest

can anybody help me, How can you tell a fake box from a genuine box, i want to install 3oo but it says genuine boxes only, im pretty sure my box is genuine, but how do i tell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.