1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview has gone tits up.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Sombrero, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Sombrero

Sombrero Member

I have a starview cable box which was working correctly and receiving ALL the channels. Now it only channels 1-5, and the ETVS channels are working. With the other channels, the banner at the bottom of the screen appears on every channel and it even tells you the channel name and the current program. Although there is no sound or picture.

Also, when you stop on a channel where there is no picture, and wait a few seconds, the box starts searching/updating. Sometimes it freezes on a figure less than 100%, sometimes it counts to a figure above 100%. Both times, it has no effect on restoring the channel.

Can you suggest how to get the box up and running again so that ALL the channels will work.

Thanks

Sombrero

2. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  3. Sombrero

Sombrero Member

I have already tried this, any other ideas???

please help:)

4. lettyboy

lettyboy Member

i also tryed this and it hasn,t worked. i put the bin file in the box, switched on unit and hit download and nothing happens. the download % bar doesn,t move and after a while it comes up with flash failed. can anyone help please my hair has almost gone