1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview HD Combo - Sat side

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by 1952Mike, May 29, 2010.

1. 1952Mike

1952Mike Member

I posed another tread asking for help on the cable side

I also tried to set up my Starview HD Combo to pick up Sky FTA channels. There are a multitude of Satellites (Astra, Eurobird etc maybe 20 or so in the list) and settings which I don’t have a clue about

Can anyone give me some advice on how I can pick up Sky or any other providers Satellite channels via the Starview HD Combo I have a existing sky dish etc I installed the F/W found on Big MAQ toolbar (Carling UK 1.00 dated 13 May) (SW +All Data) I also installed HD300E_Boot_V0021.UBT (SW only) which I found else where on the net.

Also does any know if I can get the FTA HD cannels on this too BBC1 ITV1 etc or do Sky scramble these

2. scandalou

scandalou Guest

hi mike...you only need the uk carling 1.00 firmware installed to get things working.once you've done that,just follow clairb's instructions.http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-59/new_starview_uk_irl_combo_files_26_05_2010-850616/

3. 1952Mike

1952Mike Member

Thanks I will try that and let you know how I get on

4. 1952Mike

1952Mike Member

Thanks that your help scandalou works a treat now and I got most of the channels via Cable but nothing via Sat

Does anyone know the settings for Sat. When I do a search its list loads of Sats and have not a clue which one to pick or indeeed their associated settings
    Bascially will be happy to get SKY FTA and any other english speaking channels or any football channels

Last edited: May 29, 2010