1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview in a different room?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by seat183, Aug 21, 2007.

1. seat183

seat183 Member

hi there , i recently purchased a starview reciever the idea was to have my starview in the living room which i have done got allym channels i wanted to then just get what was on downstairs tomy bedroom but when i try i jus get the Virg*n media sign ?.. and no tv just the sign normall when i did do this with sky i did have the picture and had what was on downstairs, upstairs. all i get is this Virg*n media logo and was wondering if anyone can tell me how i can get this to work? all i want is tv thats on downstairs, upstairs?

cheers and thanks for your help, muchly appreciated Seat183

:)

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

To help you with your query, I have one, have you moved the Starview upstairs or are you trying to have it connect to your upstairs TV from its position downstairs?

3. seat183

seat183 Member

it is the starview that is downstairs and i just want to get whats on downstairs on the tv with starview on it upstairs so i can watch tv thats on downstairs,if you get me, just want to watch what is on downstairs on starview want it upstairs. thanks for the reply really fast

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You could try connecting your coax cable into the RF out side of the Starview and see will this work. I am not 100% on this method as I think this is just a loop through and may not work, also the signal may become degraded.

My setup is different as I have quite a few boxes dotted around the house and so I have never had to think along this line.

5. seat183

seat183 Member

Hey there, thanks for once again the fast reply and five star help, i ahve taken your advice and i have adjusted as you said and it worked with a good picture but with no sound just a fuzz sound do cheeers

Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sorry I have not got MSN, as it is here that I offer help as if someone else has the same problem it may help them.Sorry, but I hope you understand.

You need to edit your last post as posting email addys is against forum rules. Again this is for your own benefit and will stop spammers.

7. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi seat183,

I conected my box to my video recoder and tuned my video recorder to the box, from there I put the out video cable into a a two-splitter and from there I ran cables to my sitting TV and the TV upstairs.

You will have to have both TV's tuned to the video recorder and have the channel you tuned on the video recorder to the box ON all the time for this to work.

I would love to have a few more boxes like sc0user but I am not as rich as he is.

Hello sc0user my young friend.

Hope You and yours all well m8.

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Hi Brian,

Good idea, I suppose it will act something along the lines as a scart splitter. With regards to the number of boxes I have, as you know I like having back ups, as they are all different types and all are of course for educational purposes only LOL.

Hope you are keeping well as always :)

9. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Cheers sc0user.

You wus robbed on Sunday.
    That ref is nearly as blind as meself (he should have went to spec#vers)
    My lot (spurs)aren't having a jolly start to the season.

I'm doing good, have just joined the ranks of the unemployed, but I am enjoying the rest and I have a new job lined up soon, I hope. I was making and testing antennas for 26 years. No remission no parole.

Hope you are slaving away, but not too hard.

Cheers brother.

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Cheers Brian,

Yes football as they say is a funny ole game :)

Best of luck with the new job,enjoy the rest while you can. Antennas you say, you must have been one of the Motorola crew ;)

Me slaving away, I learnt a long time ago that dedication and delegation saves me doing the slaving part LOL.

Thats me for the evening, I will catch up with you soon. Take care Brian.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  11. seat183

seat183 Member

12. seat183

seat183 Member

cheers boys,we gt robbed sunday,ive gt a season ticket holder,giv/// it a go tomoz but duno if will work,think jol will walk from spurs?,

13. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi sc0user and seat123,

Looks like jol got a reprieve at spurs.

I heard he is buying another striker after seeing this goal in the link below.

Download it, it's a cracking good goal.
    http://www.speedyshare.com/952838792.html

14. seat183

seat183 Member

haha yea a wish liverpool could sign her , id defo be going every home and away game, id make sue i dont miss any aways and make sure i pay my season ticket on time so i dont lose it

15. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

16. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi sc0user and seat183,

Below is a post from tizler, all credit to the tizler.
    It's a link to a site where you can buy an RF Modulator, which converts a scart signal to rf.
    Put the rf into a 2way or 4 way splitter and connect to other TV's
    tizler

25. August 2007 @ 14:20
    Wow - think I may have found my answer - might be worth a shot at - this bit of kit might work

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.threedoubleyou.com/rfmodulators.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17. cactikid

cactikid Active member