1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview losing channels

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by alanm90, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

Try a factory reset & see if that does the trick.
    Menu > Factory setting
    pin > 0000
    ok to delete

TURN THE BOX OFF AT THE BACK FOR A MINUTE THEN TURN BACK ON

English > installation
    choose provider
    auto scan
    press ok
    channels found
    exit
    menu > 1570
    turn emu on
    exit exit exit.

2. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

sorry, you already did this (the oul eyes arent what they used to be) lol. Try a manual scan from 290.000 & see if that picks them up.

3. dillers

dillers Member

thanks noelyf,

i have already done the factory reset and this brough back the channels but i lost them after 1 - 2 weeks again after the factory reset. After flashing the box which included a factory reset, the same thing happened. So i believe it will solve the problem but it is only a short-term fix and don't want to be doing factory resets every 1 - 2 weeks.

4. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

There was a freq change a few weeks back, thats why you lost them, so another factory reset will get them back. Hopefully there will be no freq change fo a while :)

5. dillers

dillers Member

thanks noelyf, if there was a freq change, would the manual / automatic scan not pick them up? Really appreciate the help and advice.

6. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

sometimes it wont, you can do one & see, & if not just do the factory reset & you should be sorted.

7. dillers

dillers Member

hi, did the factory reset and re-scan. The channels on freq 323000 are not lost and will not come up on the re-scan. Guess they are gone and lost. The one i am missing big time is Sky News on this frequency

8. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

If the channels are there & blank, delete them & do an autoscan.
    They should come up at the end of your ch@nnel list.

9. dillers

dillers Member

hi noelyf, the thing is that that the channels are not there at all. Did the factory rest and the channels did not appear and then did a re-scan. It does detect the freq 322000 but on the re-scan it says failed.

10. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

Make sure you are scanning from the direct feed (b0x on the wall) & not using any splitters.

11. gazzcam

gazzcam Member

Hello again folks
    I have a strange problem with my starview - On normal menu's and channel selections my OK button works fine but if I go into any of the set-up or installation menu's I get no response from the OK button, it also won't work if I try to select from the favorites menu......any ideas???

thanks Gazza

12. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Strage , try turn the b0x off at the back for a min then turn back on , Is it asking for a PIN number ?

13. clochran

clochran Member

need some help with nthell ireland. missing sly sports and some other channels today so restored factory settings. did a rescan but now cant get any channels

14. codeb1

codeb1 Member

Hi. I have the box and the box super. The box is working no problem. I got the box super for a friend also but now all the supplier codes have changed to FFFFFFFFFFFFFF on everything. Both mine and my friends. Took them back to the shop and he rebooted them and said they would now work. Not the case initially anway. Had to go to nagravision on the box and reprogramme all supplier codes and key codes. Is now working so just check that all your codes are still set. Still don't know why or how this happened but fingers crossed I have now sorted it. If anyone has a quicker way of fixing this problem if it does happen again it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Debbie

15. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

menu > 1570
    turn emu on
    go to set default key, press ok
    exit to s*y sports & let it update.

16. w1ldman

w1ldman Member

hiya people. i have a constant problem with my starview orignal and its been going on since late may... i have uptodate software on the starview.. (4.00e_E) Boot ver: 7.0, with the updated cryptstar softwarew.... i keep losing skysports1,2,3... sky movies... in the daytime but they come back very late atnight maybe midnight or later but cum back back glitchy and freezin. ive rebooted, re-flashed, factiory resest and evrythin else possible i cud try i have done... i'm on v**ginme**a ( old n*l) in the uk( le1cester...midlands region) i notced a while back that its all frequnceies with 731 000-755 000 that are doing this. i also noticed that when the weather is warm or hot like its been recently it dosent come on at all but wen the weather is cool or cold those channels work ok... ive got 2 boxes at 2 different points and both do the same.. checked wiring and outside cabling seems ok..all other channels r fine....i have no other ideas... can u guys think of sumthing...ive mentioned this problem in an other thread b4

17. w1ldman

w1ldman Member

hello i also forgot to mention.. when i go on to the channel it says no signal!.... ive tryd deletion and rescann...no joy there either.

18. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Have you tried a booster?

19. w1ldman

w1ldman Member

i havent try'd that yet... where can i get one? whats it called fully and what does it look like... price as well please.. thanks

20. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.