1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW NEW FIRMWARE

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by spectra17, Mar 17, 2011.

1. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

what happened to the options for Ustream & Istream?, cant find it anywhere,was just trying to test file. unless its Ustream by defualt now?

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

prob took the ireland option out as its no longer valid

3. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

thats probably a good idea, if that is the case, since the ireland option seems permanently dead anyway.

4. g7rjo

g7rjo Regular member

Any hint of what channels work..so far have not found any.says connected

5. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

I just got sly living to work, nothing else, but I like the new menu system, looks flashy, he he he. im curious how do these test files leak out? because it seems a banned member from another forum released it, how does that work?

6. g7rjo

g7rjo Regular member

Many thanks.yes living working ok.Yes read that about the banned member.Many thanks for the info about working channels.I'm just curious as I have the excellent kv

7. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

I also have a KV, would you klnow how i can get subtitle to work? my remote doesnt seem to have a subtitle button, on bottom of remote it says "evolution"

8. victorious79

victorious79 Member

ive connected my usb to my sv and the firmware is on the screen but when i try and select it to upload it does nothing, anyone pleease shed some light?? **damsel in distress!**

9. g7rjo

g7rjo Regular member

I also have a KV, would you klnow how i can get subtitle to work? my remote doesnt seem to have a subtitle button, on bottom of remote it says "evolution"
    Alas the KV is being used by my daughter as this sv is hers..and she lives a way out.But will ring her later and ask her to locate the sbtitle button

10. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

When i downloaded the file, it was in RAR, so you will need winrar to extract the file. just type winrar in google and its free download.

My advice to you is dont bother with this file, because its not complete yet, just wait til they give a proper release of the file, or a near proper file release :)
    none of the main channels work yet.

11. victorious79

victorious79 Member

you clever sod! :) thankyou! ive been reading on another forum thats its the 'official' file for public release,, as read from a mod's post? more channels coming soon so they say. apparently its so sv can shift the rest of their stock quicker,, although i wouldnt advise anyone to buy one :|

12. mdog1

mdog1 Member

thats what i heard this is a final flash and new channels will be added as as soon as possable this one is working ok for me thanks

13. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

I would be very wary of buying one as mentioned above, if you have one already, use the file and get yer monies worth, the file has been releases on most forums so its out there

For those who want it

http://www.mediafire.com/?vavw5398lm71wwp

no 1 get a usb stick what to save things on surely you will have 1
    no 2 save firmware on usb
    no 3 factory default box
    no 4 put firmware on by accessing the usb by going into box men utility usb select the firmware updater
    no 5 before scan make sure box is on u stream menu options network
    no 6 when scan is done put on b4u movies type in the remote 1819 should be working.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  14. Kingfix

Kingfix Member

Hi all,can someone give me a brief on whats working? I'm not expecting all the good 1's but everthing I try still says scrambled eggs.Thanks in advance.

15. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

did you reset and then do a re-scan after flashing the box?

16. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

Not all channels are on yet, but i think they will be coming along soon. Sly sports 1 & 3 works, along with afew more channels like, Challenge, Living, E4. I couldnt find the option for changing it to Ustream, so this file must be set to Ustream by default now. Once you installed the file and scanned for channels, just rememeber to press 1819 on your remote, on any channel or even B4u. The link for the file above by MICKAH, doesnt need extracting, so just bang it on a usb stick and do the rest as normal.

17. Kingfix

Kingfix Member

Thanks mickah I was doing it according to the instruction to the previous fix.Just out of curiousity do you think the pic quality will improve as it rolls out properly? I'm not complaining just curious.thanks again.

18. Kingfix

Kingfix Member

Thank gerrard08 also, just tried mentioned and all is good.Can't wait for filmage as enough time has passed now I won't have to watch any bloody repeats :) thanks again

19. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

well...its looking good again..so lets hope it lasts, and thanks to everyone who has helped and the guys who put the file together.

20. davebuk

davebuk Member

hi guys can't get anything on this sv box did exactly what mickah wrote but can't even pick a single channel up or radio channel i know my cable works because i have a min package and thats fine any ideas please