1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW NEW FIRMWARE

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by spectra17, Mar 17, 2011.

1. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

If you ask me typical Starview, the Combo is dead, the SV7 have major connection problems, cut yer losses, buy a Blade or buy a krypt and teach the money hungry SV lot, dont buy another one of their shabby shite products, its getting to the stage where folk are being asked to mail their mac to strangers, but I am sorry but the whole point of this was as much anominity as possible, some folk on here and elsewhere are letting their own greed get in the way of common sense here, so what if you bought a SV cable box, you just realized what they are and how shabby they are been run, cut your loss's or you will be here till kingdom come posting about missing chans, connection issues etc, now your reaping the rewards of buying into the SV Brand.

But some folk will persist on using one of these regardless of what harm they put themselves into, now your being asked to wave a flag and say more or less who or where you are to total strangers, dont buy this crap of clones, there were never clones so dont believe that either, lastly, ask your provider to do this for you??? what about the folk who bought them from strangers or from gumtree etc, who they gonna ask to fix the MAC issue? Horse shit the lot of it, you are opening yerself to a wider problem here for the sake a few quid you spent on the box......

2. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

most channels on SV6 working fine right now, and has been for last 3/4 weeks, very little glitching on live sports. SV6 now has more channels working than KV. I wouldnt call it dead while the 90% of channels are still working.

3. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Who said anything about chans? you have chosen to ignore all of the above and focused on chans and whats working, this isnt a pissing contest about what box has more chans, have you have chose to ignore the guys with Combo boxs?? dead in the water, you have chosen to ignore the guys who bought DDIGIAL boxs, they got 90% of chans? nope, dead in the water, all Starview boxs by the way, you have chose to ignore totally the "Mailing of Macs"? Cause the SV6 has some chans working? Buddy you aint got a clue or your just choosing to ignore it totally, I think its the latter,

The point I am making is that this isnt they way to move forward with a cable CS system, asking folks to name them selves by mailing an unknown entity or ask the provider?? The provider sells these boxs FTA, they start getting involved with this they are now Liable for this, you understand what I am getting at here, Any provider with any sense wont get involved with this, why? They will be implicated thats why, why you think all sellers sell FTA? So they aint implicated if it goes tittys up Secondly, those who bought their boxs from any other place, who helps them? its a shambles and I am advising those with a bit of KOP on, to ditch em, get a blade or similar or go to a krypt, but stay away from a "company" that does the above, dont forget they have been caught before and you just mailed em your details,

4. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

So tell me, how are you gonna re-new it? Pay for it, how u gonna pay? So now you have a paper trail from punter to provider? How can someone who sold the box get involved with this, they now have implicated themselves with these boxs??

Sorry but this reeks and if anyone care to read this, your asking for trouble here, barge pole comes to mind here

Oh and a prob with shares on Sat? You OSCAM, thats working buddy, so dont try to fool people into this, SV is gone alrite, its been run by other folks now, thats why the combo is dead and others to, the SV6/7 is being run......... well you should know shouldnt you....

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  5. e45

e45 Regular member

Where are Kv gone to ?? seem quite stable at the present time, i see no folk on here complaining about them but i do about the SV, and yes im well aware of the changing of hands of the Sv 6 / 7 as ( Globeltec ) pulled the plug on the main agents involved after there engineer was arrested in the second bust, that is why the change of hands did not get the source code for the other 3 boxes ie combo, euroview, duo, you where lucky to get the source code for the 6/7 boxes, or that would also be dead in the water now as well.

Re Sv stock there is plenty of stock available prob in the region of about 15,000 boxes still unsold, and this is why the push is on to get shut of these boxes, so what happens after these boxes are sold, ? the server and the support will be dead in the water, just like it was in Ireland over a year ago.

As for renewing the sub on the SV who in their right mind would want to pay to that, leaving a paper trail behind, folks i suggest if you have your boxes working keep them till the server goes down, "DONT" be fooled and by another or suggest to a friend to buy one either, the whole SV cable box is a complete sham at the present time, and as soon as all that stock is shifted i can promise you these people will be nowhere to be seen, they want you to send your mac address to them, someone that has just sprung out of the woodwork, using a disposable yahoo email address, that anyone can make up.

My opinion here, cut your losses get a Sat system, and a good linux box and go sat side there are lots of shares about if you look,or have a look at the tutorials at the bottom of my signature, and set your own one up for family and friends, im sorry for people that cant get Sat system installed, but, if you have a Sv or KV hold on to it till the very last, if your Sv has gone down the pan take the chance and get yur self a KV, you have more chance of that staying alive than the SV thats my take on it.

That is my advice above, think about it have i steered people wrong before, and im a long time here, so trust your own judgment here on this.

Oh and the missing channels on Sat can be got back using ocscam for folk i the know.

6. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Nor have I ever tried to steer anyone in the wrong direction, take from what has been posted above with serious thought, what is being suggested is ludicrous, bullshit and dangerous, You have been warned

7. dave0763

dave0763 Member

as long as sv works i dont see a prob we all know when its bought what we r gettin into goes down new firmware gets posted it either works or not ??

8. e45

e45 Regular member

Nothing to do with firmware if your box is not working now, no firmware will work on it, you will have to send the mac address from your box to them, do you realise the implications of doing that?? its like sending someone the key to your hall door, its like your ip its matched direct to your home address, so remember that before passing information to someone that has only arrived on a forum, and using a disposable email address, but hay your happy with that work away, you got the advice take it or not.

9. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

no dave sorry, you need to re-read again, read what the other guys posted and suggest, its not how it works, its whats you have to now do to get it to work going forward and yeah, that is a a problem, a very glaring problem, this isnt just flashing a box or carrying on regardloess, this is you now paying to renew and passing payment details, Secondly, no supplier will do this, as all of them sell FTA, you or I could be Virgin Media or SLY employess, you really think a supplier will sort mac address's out?

10. dave0763

dave0763 Member

srry lads i got it wrong ....but my box is still going ok at the moment

11. dave0763

dave0763 Member

i will not pass on any info regarding above if its gone its gone ...

12. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Just trying to warn folks of the dangers mate and what is being said, your box is working, great long may it roll, but if and when it goes, then by doing what has been suggested you and anyone else are leaving themselves open to be done, secondly, no supplier will touch this with a barge poll, cause if they do, they are now liable of commiting fraud, they aint that silly to get mixed up, if that were the case they would be selling boxs flashed would they not... You could be working for VM and trying to catch em, you think they will allow that to happen?

no, they aint silly and know the dangers this involves,

what this is, this is the guys who have taken over the SV box network, trying to sell you a dangerous fairy story, (sv6.sv7) note I didnt mention the other boxs, thats cause its the only firmware they have access to, They are spewing rubbish to panic you into buying into to silliness, CS on Sat is alive and well and OSCAM is working, so dont let them fool ya, There are no SV6/7 clones either, dont let them fool ya either, give someone a MAC address, ya may as well nail yer address to yer forehead, Kryptview is running still, again another ruse to panic you into getting involved with this, cause they know there are folk out there scared witless of loosing their free chans, why you think Krypt dont charge?? They aint silly, they know where there is any sort of payment or paper trail, them and you are liable in court, point blank

you all have been warned, no doubt they will come back with something to muddy the waters,

13. dave0763

dave0763 Member

ok m8 heard loud and clear ... cheers

14. londonjon

londonjon Member

The above had been nothing to do with SV6/7, they were only involved in earlier models.

But as you have said already, get an open source or reliable semi-open source Sat receiver, you'll hopfeully have many years of use with a little work and research.

Enjoy ......

15. e45

e45 Regular member

Totally disagree with that statement both 6/7 came from same source as 1,2,3,4,5, same head honcho prob just a change of name, but defo same factory.

16. londonjon

londonjon Member

Completely different factory, anybody close to the source will tell you this.
    If you know who supplies the Spiderbox, (Not Alsat, the actual source) same ppl.

Not exactly public knowledge so i won't mention on here....

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  17. e45

e45 Regular member

Yes Spider and combo are near enough the same.

18. londonjon

londonjon Member

Spider,Combo,DDigital Duo SV6/7 same supplier
    SV1-5 GT different place, as you earlier stated.

19. dave0763

dave0763 Member

any 1lost sky news and 5 usa channels had them last wwek gone now any ideas as how to get them back ? cheers

20. perypants

perypants Member

I had similar channel loss Last week so i did rescan and it seemed to work.

Hope this helps

PP