1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW NEW FIRMWARE

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by spectra17, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Federer16

Federer16 Member

my sv7 says unregisterd box, bought it as new in april 2011, from mycablebox. feel so frustrated and ripped off. GUTTED

2. wona

wona Member

cheers gerrard08

3. wona

wona Member

my sv7 says not connected is it worth re instaling the new firmware again

4. mick094m

mick094m Member

Ask for a refund

5. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

wona...if its saying not connected, try flashing the box again with smgo221, factory reset after, go to sly sports 1, press 1819 on remote, should say enabled.

if after that still not connected, check that your getting ip adds from router, try rebooting router.

if displaying box not registered, its a different matter, you cant do anything about it untill megakiddy comes back with som sort of response soon.

6. Shr3k1989

Shr3k1989 Member

Hi Guys, Updated with showmustgoon2.21, factory reset then scan, sly sports 1 and 1819, said enabled but 24 hours on still Not Connected. Looked in network settings and its all fine? Any advice?

7. wona

wona Member

thanx gerrard all working again now

8. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

this statement bellow is from another forum...

"mine says 23 may 2011 but mine is still working wots going on there then"

Shr3k1989...try powering off both your ROUTER and SV....then 2 mins later, power on your Router 1st, then 5 mins later power on SV.

9. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

this statement bellow is from another forum...

"mine says 23 may 2011 but mine is still working wots going on there then"

Shr3k1989...try powering off both your ROUTER and SV....then 2 mins later, power on your Router 1st, then 5 mins later power on SV.

sorry for double post...im nuts

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  10. e45

e45 Regular member

You cant box has been modified with firmware

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  11. Shr3k1989

Shr3k1989 Member

Many thanks, tried resetting router and box ect, even left both off for an hour with no luck. Decided to backup my router and restore to factory, worked a treat and back online.

Expiry October 2011 so most likely to lose the server before I reach expiry lol!

So a tip for anyone with not connected, factory restore your router if none of the other options work :)

12. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

many of the boxes that had 15 June expiry dates, have actually gone off today, its not connecting to the server no longer and the expiry dates on those boxes are now 1 JAN 1970...so dont be shocked people when you see this today on your box, as it was expected i suppose.

some people have tried reloading the SMGO221 file again, but its no good any longer on those boxes...so dont stress yourself out, cos nothing you can do, just sit tight and see what happens.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  13. Kingfix

Kingfix Member

Yep it's started "login message" and as gerrard08 stated not connected to server.I'm not suprised to be honest as it's just consistent with the last 5 month's worth of rollercoaster viewing.well done sv you'll never sell another unit again at least not under the brand SV,who's gonna take you as a serious,reliable,honest manufacturer now????

14. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

The havent been a reliable, serious, honest manufacuturer in a long long while mate, they have been doing people over since the SV - The box came out, changing boxs every 5 months, not updating older boxs with firmware, what do people do? Buy a bloody new one, then they do it again, Sv3, SV4, SV5, SV6, DDIGITAL, COMBO, EUROVIEW, screw over the Irish punters, which leads us right up the SV7 and its on and off service, what to people do? Keep buying the bloody things,

Even though they have and had been warned over the last year or two by countless people, but choose to listen to others, where are those others now, to offer advise? Gone, not a word out of them, whats left? The folk now holding boxs and out of pocket for their troubles.

Have said it before, for those on cable still, go with a Krypt, those thinking of going sat and dont have linux experience, go with a Blade box, Do not buy another piece of crap SV item again or you will be back here with the same problems, cut yer loss's now, dont spend another penny or buy into the rubbish they are gonna start doing next, getting you to pay for it. You have been warned, if you yis dont want to listen, on your own heads be it.

15. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

got this bellow from another forum, dont know if theres any truth in it or all just garbage, something to ponder over anyway;

"What I have read on other forums it states that kiddy is going to be starting his own subs from 6moths - 12 months subs.... In these guys opinion going down the s_y route is alot better"

probably another way of ripping off sv users, i wonder how many will fall for it AGAIN, if that is the case.

16. mick094m

mick094m Member

MICKAH.....VERY GOOD ADVICE

17. Shr3k1989

Shr3k1989 Member

Has anyone tried looking into where the date is stored? I mean I'm not going to take my box apart or hook it to the pc until October but someone who has a brick at the moment and doesn't want it could hand it over to a programmer to look into it? If it's done by mac's then there must be a way of mac spoofing?

18. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

HOW TO FIND EXPIRY DATE:

MENU>UTILITIES>SYSTEM INFO

19. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

The firmware is closed firmware, all firmwares for boxs like this are, it aint the box that is doing it, you wont be able to do anything with it, same way they aint got their hands on the combo/ddigital/euroview firmware, whats left is the SV6/Sv7 boxs, the rest are gone,

Now you have handed over good money already for a total shite service and product and now they want to you to pay to use an already shite product and service again, Am I missing something here??

If you were paying a legit service you would actually cancel your sub due to the poor quality of it, but some will pay for a sub standard one, the mind actually boggles, it really does and thats why these folk will happily take your hard earned and give you more crap in return

Seriously, anyone who use's or pays to use this "Service" (I use the term very loosely) after their expiry date or box has gone off, is off their heads and need to be checked out by a medical examiner, When ure box is gone, dump it and get a Krypt, no running costs etc, up time is way better and you wont be paying for the damn thing in 6 months time either.

20. dave0763

dave0763 Member

sv cant be that stupid to leave every1 in the lurch like this coz they will never sell any producs like this agian they will be finnished.... hope they get the finger out and sort this prob....