1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW NEW FIRMWARE

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by spectra17, Mar 17, 2011.

1. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Dave, I have been about a long time mate, I think you will find they have left a lot more folk in the lurch with every box they have done since the The Box was released, from no firmware to releasing boxs and not fixing the ones that the only released 4/5 months previous, Every one who bought one in Ireland also, what about your fellow SV users, like the combo box, the DDIGITAL, the Euroview, your not the only one, why should the care about someone and their Sv6 cable box now, where was the loyality previous to this?

Your not dealing with the original Starview entity now either, your dealing with a new lease holder of the crappy Starview legacy, like I said above, I aint here to piss on a parade or get into which box is better, I pointing out a clear and present fact, which should be staring most folk in the face, folk have been rode royally and if they buy into the crap, they will be again, if your box is gone, buy a krypt, simple as, they have never once charged nor changed their box in how long? Never been a need for it nor did the make punter pay twice for the same thing,

Dont throw more good money after bad

2. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

I wonder if kryptview are going to implement the same method in the near future (subs), but i bet they are thinking about it...i guess every1 has their own opinion...so thats mine.

3. keverman1

keverman1 Regular member

They should make this a sticky.

4. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

You not think they would have done it before now? Every opportunity to when they were off air, Do a SV and roll out a new box, If they were to charge, I would think long and hard based on the past performance of its service to date, before parting with any cash for anything, same as CS or any service you pay for, but lets call a spade a spade here,

Kryptview is no where near the shit stakes that SV was or is, We can summarize what they may or may not do, but lets look at facts, they could have, got rid of the old A750 boxs, made ya all buy new ones, they didnt, brought the ICONNECT out to get those boxs running,

Took them two to 3 weeks to get back on the ladder when they shut down, SV took how long? 4 to 6 months, pointing out facts, not hearsay or fiction, did you any those 4 to 6 months back? Nope and now your gone. I don't have any affiliation to SV or KV, but I will produce the facts and always have

5. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

MICKAH...i was talking about 2/3 years down the line m8..not immidiate...but your point is also fair..

Just see on another forum...there is a release of a small programme, where you download it to your pc/laptop, and select which sv box you have, provide them with mac address, e-mail, weather u want 6 or 12 month sub, then you submit that and they get back to you.

This little programme has the starview logo on top, looks all genuine, but any1 can create a file like that with alittle bit of programming knowledge...so im not sure if some1 is having a laugh or what

6. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

There new support service [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You will find the info on most forums.

7. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

seriously Hiteck...is this supposed to be a joke or what?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  8. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

No it's no joke.

I wonder how there optional customer survey will turn out lol.

9. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

wonder if they do it in toilet paper format? Brings me back to my point, why would you even bother parting cash for such a shite service is beyond me

10. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Hope their customer survey service is on a big fecking server, knowing them, its a bigger one than the run their service on, cause if folk start filling that in, you will hear the bang from where your sitting....lol

11. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

im sure when people get hold of this they will go for it...im curious to find out what the prices are like...im sure it will be out in the public domain soon.

12. Shr3k1989

Shr3k1989 Member

You know, it's extremely easy to create something like this with a firefox password scraper. It probably does nothing at all lol! I could create something like that in 2-3 minutes

13. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

people in other forums have alredy sent off e-mails and waiting for reply...people are QUICK of the mark...after all the let down and no apologies...its crazy.

14. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

People will still buy it though, I know the price and people wont turn it down if they think there services will come back, I wont say how much it is as I am not going to advertise it for them, thats the reason I posted the SS and not the link to it.

Personally I wouldn't bother but each to there own.

15. keverman1

keverman1 Regular member

I'm just mad that nobody came forward and said right out that DDigital duo boxes would never have a new firmware instead of all the crap they put out instead. I mean it's not as if anybody could have sent them back having made the guarantee void by putting firmware on them in the first place, but it would have saved a lot of anguish for a lot of people

16. andym1

andym1 Regular member

how do i find my sybol rate so i can do a scan with the new firmwear installed, in west yorkshire, right i have sorted that one out,

i keep getting a box on the screen saying login message what does this mean?

17. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

your box is barred from the server, blocked.

18. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Agree with you on that one, folk would be mental to touch it, you can lead a horse to water and all that, but I for one wont be helping out with SV issues going forward, if they are gonna run a service like this, they better back it up with some forum help, if they are gonna reap the rewards and none of the pain

19. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

GOT THIS FROM ANOTHER SITE, time to get your wallets out;

You have being submitted for support from the starview team, sorry about the late Reply.

At starview we are striving to improve our customer satisfaction therefore we a proposing to provide 2 support tariffs, 6 months and also 12 months.

These Tarrif enable you the customer to be entitled to support from our own technical support team in reference to all of our equipment and receivers.

Our Support Tariffs are charged as follows;

£25 for 6 month Support

£45 for 12 month Support (Saving £5)

Once Support has being purchased a member of our support team will contact you within 24 Hours. To help resolve your issues
    You will then receive a unique membership number that is specific to your product, You will also recive direct contact details that will enable you to take advantage and contact us with any future support queries.

20. wona

wona Member

so wots the best box to buy then anyone no