1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW NEW FIRMWARE

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by spectra17, Mar 17, 2011.

1. e45

e45 Regular member

I could think of better ways of spending money then taking a sub from them as you have see they are so unreliable why would anyone want to give them anymore money.

If you add it up 100,000 boxes by £25.00 for even 6mts if they get that money which is £250,000, and who is to say after they get this the server will stay on, they also want you to pay via paypal which is also traceable.

Either go get a Sat box or go get a different cable box who do not charge a sub

2. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

best box is blade if u ask me, thats on satelite and card sharing.

3. e45

e45 Regular member

correct as you can get a server anywhere as with Starpoo you will be stuck with their server if it even stays on, you "WONT" be able to change servers like ya can with SAT box

4. Kingfix

Kingfix Member

Very pretty but I ain't giving them a sausage.Why pay for a 12 month sub off them when all you can expect is at best 4 month worth of hit and miss viewing.Mickah's right they have and no doubt will continue to take it all and offer little if anything in return,I'll take mickah's advice and go krypt.Mickah ever had to solve a dream 500c that only recieves foreign channels?my pal has I think been tampering.Oh and before I forget SV you can kiss my ass!!!!!!

5. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Ok lets digest this, 45 Quid for something that hasnt worked correctly from day 1, secondly, they are openly advertising this to all and sundry, do you know how this is going to last once VM take them up on their offer, then they are offering contact details for support, who thought this up? So you pay the money and see how long it last's this time, stay away from this before your all dragged into it and I mean legally when this goes bang. Only a first class idiot would get involved with any of this.

"We accept Paypal" - Thats handy when they get lifted and records of payment are needed

"we offer support" - You could be anyone, so they are gonna ring you? Mail you? Implement themselves in cable fraud..

Sorry guys this stinks to high heaven, stay away from this thing like the plague

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  6. Kingfix

Kingfix Member

I wouldn't be suprised if it was VM all along just teasing out the rabbits.The whole thing was initially about confidentiality?and now they want your paypal address yeah right.Just send them your address,bank details,national NI number and chest size so they get correct size fir your strippy pj's.I think everyone should just throw away and start again.I wonder what SV new trading name will change to?nothingtoview

7. Federer16

Federer16 Member

People who buy subs for their sat c/s, are mainly bought thru paypal or credit/debit cards, so that also leads traces.

so my question is, sat subs leave traces on paypal, its there to be found by the law, but no1 makes a fuss, so what is it that so different here with the SV case?

sat subs are bought evryday, trials & proper subs, no1 seems to gives a toss about that, their mainly after the big fish, ie server operator.

8. e45

e45 Regular member

they might leave a trace for sat correct, but they dont have the shoddy work of the Starview team do they ?? in the case with the Sv Kv virgin have already busted them do you think they are not going to come after them again ?? if you do you are foolish SAT and CABLE two different kettles of fish 1 cares the other dont you make your mind up

9. Federer16

Federer16 Member

im no expert..was just asking what you guys thought of the situation. we all know how louzy and crapp the sv team are, so how safe is it to buy something from them with your own paypal account?

10. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

So where do you see anywhere openly flaunt it like this or try make out its a legit service, backed up with support,

Sat you could be anywhere in Europe across different jurisdiction's, cable your in the one pond, the UK, under UK laws, you are anyone think VM are gonna let this one rumble on and openly? they aint doing this to help all you poor cable owners, there doing it to shift the last of their boxs and then adios,

Dont buy into it

11. Kingfix

Kingfix Member

My opinion is if you want a sub why use method? Wasn't the reason people bought them was there was NO SUB?

12. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

due to N3, its the only way now to open packages, on cable or sat, Sub or share is the only none legit way to gain chans using sat or cable boxs, but I am shaking my head in disbelief at whats going on here with this madness,

13. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

All this new setup by starview makes me shiver. Its insecure and extremely dangerous. All advertised in open forums, VM must be thinking christmas has come early.

14. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Starview were raided before, server taken down and how many folk have come back in saying because of that they have been busted by VM... non.

God knows how many well know retailers have had the same treatment, eg bubble, they were taken down and all records of people purchasing taken and yet nothing, no come backs to folk who bought them.

They are not going to go after each person that subscribes to this, for VM it would not be worth the manpower nor the money. Do you really think they are going to take each and every user to court FFS lol.

Don't get me wrong, I think the same as most that they have a nerve asking for futher payments but this is typical of this game.

You either take your chance or move on and buy another box, personally I would recommend folk dont touch it due to starviews reputation, but I wont say don't buy it because there going to screw you as they have now got all your info because you paid via paypal [​IMG].

Nearly every server on the sat side is paid via paypal or other traceable routes, well everyone that I have come across. These servers are up and down all the time, you never know what your getting yourself involved with as a member mentioned above.

As advised above, get a sat box and don't pour anymore money into this crap, but if you do decide to give it a try, use the 6 months option to start with and see how you get on and also come back and give feedback on how it is holding up if at all lol.

15. e45

e45 Regular member

Exactly but as we all know toooooooooo well Starview dont do free do they ?? same as before a new box every year from Sv 1 right up to the Sv7 which you now have to sub to so same thing really no new box but you still have to pay.

I warned you all this would happen with many others and was shot down well looks like i was right after all this is a money racket nothing more

16. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

I think HiTeck makes some fair points there. But regardless of what we say here, I think people WILL give this a try, especially the 6 month sub, because most people im sure will think of the £25, as its not too much for 6 months sub (if sv last that long).

17. e45

e45 Regular member

Anyone that takes this offer up please let us know what you got how it works channel wise and anything else you think relevant to the folks on here

18. e45

e45 Regular member

Anyone that takes this offer up please let us know what you got how it works channel wise and anything else you think relevant to the folks on here

But just remember Sat has many servers Sv will have just the one so think hard on this one !!

19. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Problem with this is will folk take the chance, 25 quid to see if it works or buy another decent box for 140 plus quid.

Like I said earlier, they are keeping it cheap to temp folk back in ;).

20. Kingfix

Kingfix Member

It's false economy,don't get me wrong whilst if was a one off purchase with free updates it was just about worth it "when" it worked.But I think it bare ass cheek to ask for a sub when you just screw'd however many buyers with the impression they would get 12months out of a unit that in the last 8 months has been out of action for 6month,not and ideal foundation for wanting to charge for your services eh?.Either they completely mental or genuinely just don't care.SV who are they.