1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW NEW FIRMWARE

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by spectra17, Mar 17, 2011.

1. e45

e45 Regular member

Correct and if you work this out below it works perfect

17,000 boxes sitting somewhere with a value of ==== £425,000 that at £25.00 per box bought

so they charge people £25.00 for a 6mth sub which by my reckon there are well in excess of 100,000 boxes out there ==== £250,000 so if everyone was to pay they have lost nothing

After they get recoup their loss what will happen - - - - - - - - - - fill in the blanks yourself

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  2. e45

e45 Regular member

3. Kingfix

Kingfix Member

Your right people will definately give it a go but I'm defo not joining that queue.I think we should just take a step back and think what next?pay for 12month and get 5month,then they say oh it just gone upto £75 for 12month and you end up with 8month etc etc.It's a track record they never deliver.Everyone has just seen 1st hand how the game changes.Who actually believes that they'll get a full 12month sub for £45 without any hitches?do you get a refund if server is down/busted.

4. e45

e45 Regular member

No you dont m8 thats the luck of the draw did all the punters get a refund when they only got 3 mts out of there box in Ireland no they did not they where left with blank screens and a loss of their money

5. cactikid

cactikid Active member

not a happy outcome at all,if you decide to go down this road do a lot of reading up on what might happen.
    i think they have now over stepped the mark and not to go down this route,and if they fix the other boxes will go the same route.

6. e45

e45 Regular member

the problem is they cant as they dont own or have the source code for these boxes

Have a look at the petty kiddys post saying sorry we have to take your money yet again !!!!!!!!!!!!

http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-59/do_starview_get_posts_censored-901212/

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  7. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Guys, We can debate the moral merits of this till the cows come home, yes folks swill try it, but they will be the folks who were easily lead into buying a SV box in the first place and who often comeback to join in the lively debates we had here of SV v KV, Anyone with a lick on sense wont touch this, I and others have laid bare in this thread what the problem is, apart from the bare faced cheek to ask you pay for such a rubbish pirate service in the first place, its the way they are going about their business openly which aint gonna go under the radar for very long,

Now you need to ask yourself, am I the donkey being lead blindfold into another worthless starview adventure to help clear out their back log of boxs and make me 45 notes the lighter? Or Do I cut my loses, buy a Krypt, Buy a Blade if you can go Sat, but something that isnt taking more of your money and giving you nothing of quality.

8. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

i hear from other users that, starview have not setup their paypal account, users get a message on paypal saying their account dont exist. im begining to think, first they was going to sit back and see how many requests they get for the subs, thru this little programme they released yesterday, and then decide if they had enough requests. so that may be the reason their paypal acc not setup yet...

OR..paypal probably told kiddy..his not old enough

9. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

sheer madness, shiteview shame on you!

10. e45

e45 Regular member

Or it could be that paypal has told them that this is illegal and its not going to condone this as its breaking copyright infringement laws which i would say is also in their terms and conditions

11. Kingfix

Kingfix Member

I'm glad they just done this to be honest now I've had time to mull it over.Whilst it works albeit poorly I might add,you just put up with it because it free to a degree.Yet now they have just given all users the push they need to purchase something better and ditch the shoddy service that we have been putting up with.I laugh everytime I think of some spotty little spectacled nerdy sv guy looking at a a mountain of boxes thinking "what the fook can we do with these now",the SV brand will tarnished forever now and you can't sort that will an update can you?Greed was and will be your inevitable downfall.

12. e45

e45 Regular member

Well folks this is what you get back from them after you fill in their support stuff read it carefully and see what you think let us know if you decide to take this up or not
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

You have being submitted for support from the starview team, sorry about the late Reply.

At starview we are striving to improve our customer satisfaction therefore we a proposing to provide 2 support tariffs, 6 months and also 12 months.

These Tarrif enable you the customer to be entitled to support from our own technical support team in reference to all of our equipment and receivers.

Our Support Tariffs are charged as follows;

£25 for 6 month Support

£45 for 12 month Support (Saving £5)

Once Support has being purchased a member of our support team will contact you within 24 Hours. To help resolve your issues
    You will then receive a unique membership number that is specific to your product, You will also recive direct contact details that will enable you to take advantage and contact us with any future support queries

We currently only accept PayPal. Please send Payments to our paypal account svteam@live.com

Many Thanks

Starview Team

u will get a email just send the number on back of box white sticker nxt to scart and the number on screen

13. e45

e45 Regular member

On another note if you do pay these people and after 4 mts or less they server gets busted and you have paid "YOU" will not get a refund just look at the fiasco in IRELAND they got 3 mts out of their boxes then a raid took place or so we where told and then bye bye SV we got your money now f*** o** the people in Ireland that bought in good faith have still to this day never had a working box a year on

So why should they not do the same again there is nothing stopping them saying they been raided after they have had even 50,000 subs paid for.

All i am saying is think of the way its been run now what does that tell you is it going to get better doubt it tbh

14. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

i have a feeling they are struggling to get that paypal account

15. Kingfix

Kingfix Member

Mickah,does a krypt work along the same tune as sv6?I'm going with you on this.I'm not paying no sub however small our of principle.Can you drop me a reputable seller as I normally buy on a cash in hand basis and which model 750 or 780?cheers.

16. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

780 via lan ( uk only)

17. e45

e45 Regular member

Try dcreceivers m8 or skywonder

18. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

19. e45

e45 Regular member

dont see the KV on that site ??

and i never heard of them either so cant advise people

20. Kingfix

Kingfix Member

Cheers guys I'll give them sniff shortly.Thanks.