1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW NEW FIRMWARE

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by spectra17, Mar 17, 2011.

1. figof

figof Member

hi. thank you for your advice.really appreciated. PLEASE can you tell me which of the boxes are the best and reliable please. i want to buy a different box. heard kryptviewa780 is reliable. any idea please..?

2. figof

figof Member

hi. thank you for your advice.really appreciated. PLEASE can you tell me which of the boxes are the best and reliable please. i want to buy a different box. heard kryptviewa780 is reliable. any idea please..?

3. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

kryptview is the only other box that works on cable....if u look above u will see channels currently working on it, but they are better than starview.

have u considered going satelite? you will have more choices with satelite, more servers.

4. figof

figof Member

yes but with satelite do i get all sky sports channels? my friend is using it but he is not getting football channels, espn, sky sports etc.. any idea why...
    do all these channels work on kryptview?

5. figof

figof Member

6. Kingfix

Kingfix Member

Hi,I've had every sv box right upto series6 and I'm dissapointed not only with the service but with how they just drop people.They don't care who out of pocket as long as it ain't them.I've decided on the krypt a780 as it was recommended by e45 and mickah,I should of taken their advice 5 month ago and missed ship,this time SV can sink without me!

7. dave0763

dave0763 Member

DOES ANY 1 KNOW ANY 1 WHO HAS PAID SUB TO SV AND DID THEY GET CHANNELS BACK
    IE THE BOXES THAT EXPIRED COUPLE DAYS AGO ????

8. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

their paypal acc doest not work or it does not exist, so its not possible even to buy subs

9. e45

e45 Regular member

PMSL they should have set that up first its a joke easy as 123 but of course they went 23 and missed 1 they are a joke

10. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

this statement from kiddy on another forum made this morning around 07:30am

"Guys everything will be sorted today and you will have your replies "

11. Kingfix

Kingfix Member

The only way they can sort this I'd scrap the sub idea and give every1 who purchased the 6+ 7's something like what they said they would recieve.We all know this won't happen so let them dream on if they think they can get flush charging subs,nobody has any faith in them anymore why don't they wake up.

12. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

people will buy the subs coz they dont come to places like this, somone sat there with a dead box his mate says go on line and you can pay for subs and get your channels back, Oh thats great il get me card details ready, Glad i came here 18 months ago and listened to advise and bought the 780........ OH and not had to pay any extras either!!!!!

13. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

The sad thing about it is, it takes something like this to prove what has been said along, but no one chose to listen and folk got abused over it.... I have said it previous, I will not, out of principal help anyone with SV issues going forward, they are paying for their Customer supprt now, so let them avail of it, these forums have been about sharing info, helping and advising, even when you got it in the neck for telling it like it is, but now the SV Crew MkII are charging you for the privilege of using their shitty system and providing support, super stuff, SV folk know where to go now as I for one wont be offering any help or advise,

Anything else if I can, I will gladly help

14. keverman1

keverman1 Regular member

Personally I think they should change the company name to Star-nonview it seems more representative of their service.

15. Kingfix

Kingfix Member

No doubt about it people will out of blindness pay the sub,but anyone in the know who bought for use/suppliers to sell on etc etc won't touch them and that was where the money was as it mainly a word of mouth thing.I'm pretty sure in guessing that I'm not alone in saying that they won't be getting any positive recommendations,so SV you better hope that there be alot of niave people out there or it back to salting fries and selling burgers for you boys!

16. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

kiddy update
    this is a 2nd update bellow from him left around 8:24pm in another forum;

" Update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys sorry I ain't replied or read any of the posts as we ha e being busy! Although all emails will be replied to within the next 48hours

Sorry again "

17. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

Some1 in another forum claimed she submitted the mac address of the sv and payment to kiddy on saturday and the box is now working, but its not clear what METHOD of payment used.

18. cactikid

cactikid Active member

ah mick did you shed a tear poor old starview,think it gone as far as it can go,wonder if he will launch a help page,probably not lol

think its only using a pp account.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  19. e45

e45 Regular member

Funny that one even when there was no payments to be made and no account set up, who is fooling who here, do they think people are stupid.

And as mickhab has said as well there will also be no help on Sv from me either, you are now going to pay for this so i suggest people that are avail of their shoddy support, as you can see how long it takes to get emails returned what do you think of that support for a start, and they have not even got it up and running yet what happens when they start getting tons of email, ohhhhh sorry we did not have time to reply "BUT" we had the time to take your money yeee hayyyy wayyyyy to go starviewwwwwwww.

20. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

looks like kiddy is choosing and picking his own customers from different forums, from what i read. cos he is targeting those people who have not had a go at him, and is using his own personal paypal account to take payments then activate the boxes via mac adds, once he has payments. and those who have been frustrated and critical of him (rightly so) are not getting any replies from him.

bellow is info from another forum, where a user has made payment via kiddys personal paypal account and got the box working;

"the kiddy sent me his email edited i emailed him with details. and then he give me his paypal and whallah it's working about bloody time"