1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW NEW FIRMWARE

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by spectra17, Mar 17, 2011.

1. baso1

baso1 Member

Any news on a kryptview HD box????? and just out of curiosity how much are the starview jokers charging for the sub??

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Baso, if you go back a few pages you will see.

So now Mr Kiddy is choosing his customers that havent "upset", more like found em out and said it like it is.... If there is anymore proof to what they are doing, christ almighty.

3. keverman1

keverman1 Regular member

I feel sorry for those people who have tried to get their money's worth out of a SV box by subscribing to kiddy. I bought a KV780 cheap on a certain web auction site after the DDigital duo went off and was glad I did after reading 3 posts by kiddy saying new firmware was in the offing for that box and now realising it was all guff.So if he were to come and offer an update and a subscription he'd be told thanks but no thanks.

4. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

i dont understand how he will get away with it vm will for sure know about this and get intouch with paypal and track him down, very silly kiddy

5. EAMO_TOO

EAMO_TOO Regular member

How are you Mickah,
    busy I see.It's only my opinion, but I don't expect Duo boxes or cable side of HD-Combo to ever work again. STVU FU**ed off & left punters in the lurch. Their server was shut down. They will re-appear with new box & server if they feel market is there. In the meantime new server has set-up for STVU 6/7 boxes. He is charging £25/6months. That's fair if he runs a stable server. I doubt he will bother with Duo or Combo boxes. Numbers dictate profits & STVU 6/7 is where nos. are.
    Hope I'm wrong but new server is there to make money

6. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

it wont be stable, the only thing sv knows about stables is for the horses the pack of cowboys

7. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Hi Eamo, hows things, they dont have access to the other firmware, just the SV6/7 and what is going on here is sheer daylight robbery in my book, SV users have been fecked over for the last year or so with a crap product and service, without even the Irish debacle being brought into this, now they are being asked to pay for it again, money for old rope in my opinion, its being done in the open to, how long VM allow that to go one without taking action is another guess. This is get rid of the stockpile of boxs sitting about, over 17k of em, sell it cheap, sell the boxs, disappear..........

But other than that, I am grand buddy he he he he

8. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

9. laurenmc

laurenmc Member

when downloading the new firmware, i do not know what option to go with? do i let windows find somewhere to save it or to i find another option, any help for me please im trying to help my Grandad with his box, many thanks xx

10. laurenmc

laurenmc Member

11. megcam

megcam Member

Easier if you save it to desk top

12. spudorang

spudorang Member

Download smgo221 file to desktop (as in, save to desktop so you can find it)

right click file and select sendto in the drop down box, select your pendrive

then take pendrive to box and put in usb port

go to menu and scroll across to an icon that looks like a ps2/xbox controller
    select usb
    select software update
    after it reboots go to 511
    press 1819 on remote

usually around 5-10 seconds channel will come on

pressing centre button on remote shows connected also

let us know how you get on

13. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Dont think its gonna matter as your going to be paying for this going forward, that firmware will tell you if your box is gone and a renewal is needed or if you have a few weeks or months left, but either way, its get yer wallet out

14. laurenmc

laurenmc Member

Could you please send me the link to download :) many thanks xx

15. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

check page 26 of this thread, its there

16. e45

e45 Regular member

Even if you do download it the chances are it wont work until you pay for the privileged of viewing your channels

17. EAMO_TOO

EAMO_TOO Regular member

That's the big concern, Mickah. When suppliers clear the warehouses of SV7 boxes are they going to buy in more SV7 boxes or move on to a diff earner. If the suppliers stop selling SV boxes will £25/6months per head be enough to keep server on the air. I would say between all big suppliers, Mickah, you could add a zero to your figure.

18. e45

e45 Regular member

they cant make any more of the Sv boxes Sv have given them the boot

19. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Well as far as I know they have stopped being produced and whats left is the last lot of em, of course when they dry up it will be a new model and more moolah to get on the merry go round, dont forget its been run by faceless people who hide behind a username, who can disapear at the flick of a switch, I am all for free enterprise, but not one that has made mugs of folks with bad service from start to finish for the last few years, you know yourself, a new box every 6 months or so, no support for older boxs, even when they could have easily implemented the same fix into the older firmwares, SV6/7 users in Ireland shafted, users in the uk barely got a proper viewing and now this, being asked to pay for what they should have got all along.... at least Dick turpin had the decency to wear a mask when robbing you,

20. EAMO_TOO

EAMO_TOO Regular member

all too true, Mickah, unfortunately