1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW NEW FIRMWARE

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by spectra17, Mar 17, 2011.

1. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

What info you looking for Dave? All on the previous pages about the cost etc etc, its working, up and down, if you dont have one, if your on cable, I would suggest you go krypt no furthur costs, Starview will be costs going forward, or have a look at sat (Hd boxs at this stage)Dream or Blade,

2. spudorang

spudorang Member

Nothing at the moment as far as I know

also kryptview's have been really iffy this last few weeks, missing loads of channels
    such as discovery, though I expect it to improve.

Thanksfully I also now have sat.

3. e45

e45 Regular member

well i suppose its better to be missing some channels and it be for free, or to pay Starview for it and still be missing channels.

So now if you want Starview's help you have to pay to get on their forum, what a joke this will be the straw for the camel i would say.

4. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Dont think so e45, as some folk will pay hand over fist until it blows up, thats they way some folks are, they paid for their box and god damn it they wont part with it till they got something out of it, even if they will part with more good money after bad to keep their box working, spend more money to save pennies, rathur than cut their loss, change direction and go Sat or a Krypt, scottish fathers and mothers from Cavan.......

5. kul23

kul23 Member

I have a starving 7 box, I want to move over to sat, I have a Ross sat dish and he receiver I am hoping to us the dish and just get a cheap box but it all new tuition me what shall I go for equipment and subs. Help please

6. Hubabuba

Hubabuba Regular member

Mickah

I have a problem with dreambox800hdpvr, I reloaded, and it fell over, goes to enigma window then onto a green screen with two cogs wheels spinning, I tried to flash it again took a hour to do, now its telling me, Error check www dm700.com. I was changing the skins when the problem started, now i have zilch.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, waiting in agony.LOL not realy.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  7. rob2dogs

rob2dogs Regular member

Sell it & get a kryptview a780

8. Hubabuba

Hubabuba Regular member

Ahh you are so heartless, its a good box when i'm not pricking around with it.

9. e45

e45 Regular member

Is it possible that you flashed the box with a non clone firmware and that has killed your box, you might have to find an erase file and the flash it again, i would say you will have to do this via a null modem cable.

10. Hubabuba

Hubabuba Regular member

E45
    I thought I had the right file, then maybe not, when i got the box last year i updated it, i can't remember what i did yesterday never mind last year. The error message coming on the unit error "no ca found." were will i get an erase file?

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  11. e45

e45 Regular member

Which box is it for the 500s model or what ??

12. Hubabubas

Hubabubas Member

E45
    it for the dreamboxhdpvr800.

13. cjenkins82

cjenkins82 Member

so from reading this forum it looks like i should ditch my starview hd combo and get me a k a780. only question with my starview i plugged into my cable cable if you get me then downloaded firmware online to a pen drive and away i went.
    what is the process i need to go through from plugging in my a780 to watching channels and do i need anything other connections apart from my cable providers cable and power etc.
    p.s i have tried going back and reading for the answer but cant seem to find it but if it is i am happy to be re-directed.
    thanks in advance

14. e45

e45 Regular member

Flash with null modem cable like the olden days of the starview 1 and the eurovox loader and bin file.

15. lyony75

lyony75 Member

You have 2 download a programe from big mac toolbar and upload the latest firmware thers a tutorial on this forum just type it in the search bar

16. e45

e45 Regular member

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  17. cactikid

cactikid Active member

as far as i know the starview hd combo + lan works ok on sat with a cline,so the box is not useless yet.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  18. spudorang

spudorang Member

Hope this is still within the remit of this thread

Have a few SV7 boxes out there and most expire aug 15 (1 expires sept I think)

I also have 2 boxes myself which I want to shift quick.

Q. Has anyone paid their 25-45 quid I hear about, because I am about to get grief when they go off and need to at least get THEM to pay that money.

Sorry if it has already been covered elsewhere.

I do appreciate the security aspects of the above.

thanks

Just noticed the links to a support forum thread, so as question above please,
    Has anyone paid them?

19. delwashy

delwashy Member

Have you checked out SMGO 2.21 ups firmware,usually once your expiry date is up use this firmware and you'll find it'll give you abit or more life.The other alternative is subs alas,"The Kiddy,".Anyway good luck i'm in the same boat so we'll probably cross paths again.Take care and watch out for the money hungry shites.

20. delwashy

delwashy Member

Have you checked out SMGO 2.21 ups firmware,usually once your expiry date is up use this firmware and you'll find it'll give you abit or more life.The other alternative is subs alas,"The Kiddy,".Anyway good luck i'm in the same boat so we'll probably cross paths again.Take care and watch out for the money hungry shites.