1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW NEW FIRMWARE

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by spectra17, Mar 17, 2011.

1. delwashy

delwashy Member

Right i get it from time to time mine expires on the ex.Pact same day as yours.Press exit or ok that usual gets rid of the message then rverything goeas back to normal viewing.If this doesn't work what i suggest is switch off your box from the back plus do the same with modem/router,give it acouple of minutes the switch back on,allow time for it to settle downIf you're getting not connected in the corner of the right bottom of your picture you've got a problem.All again is give it time to settle go on a p/p view channei i.e sky sports 1 press 1819 with your remote and see what happens?Failing all that go into your menue go to options scroll down to net work press ok drop down to SW download and press ok.When it's done it's thing press exit back to a p/p channel 1819 and everything should be sweet.But the way its just done it with me and i've just done the following and i'm back good as gold.Good job i checked the inbox then i switched my telly on any alls good PM me if you get any difficulties.

2. delwashy

delwashy Member

Sorry about the spelling and messed letters i'm tired but i'm sure you'll get the jist of it good luck and keep intouch as our box's expire on the same day should be interesting take care dont let people slag sv 7 off i've had mine ayear Sept with very little hassle(touch wood)long as i get the sport movie doc and the rest i'm happy when or if it dies then i'll get an H D combo

3. welwyn

welwyn Regular member

thanks mate for your reply tried all the above you mentioned its working know didnt work at first left it for ten minutes and it started
    to work wierd thanks again mate

4. delwashy

delwashy Member

Not a problem mate,like i said you've just gotta let them settle down and talk to them nice like,"please Mr box come on," ha ha,then like magic they jump into action yheap!!!I always think the worst when it happens,anyway i'm glad for you and feel free to PM me any time like wise yeah.I login at least once a day so i'll always catch up with,easy now.

5. e45

e45 Regular member

Your talking a load of waffle m8, as soon as your box has expired you will get nothing unless you pay for it, your box will be cut of the ser*** like the rest of them where, then you put your hand in your pocket and pay them for the rights to watch your tv channels.

Or do what others are doing and change over to Sat simple.

6. delwashy

delwashy Member

Whats your problem dont you think i already know this? I've even signed up with'"The kiddy,if you read we were talking about slight glitches you get from time to time we know that they are far from perfect but on my budget it suits me fine thank you very much.The guy was having trouble with his box i give them some advice and he's back on simple.Come Sept i'll pay my subs,so less of the insults infact i dont know why i'm replying there's always one out there Mr i've got the best and you lot are insufficient.Infact i will avoid you as from now .

7. keverman1

keverman1 Regular member

Somebody's a bit touchy,lol

8. delwashy

delwashy Member

Alright Keverman,yeah i was a bit touchy really i shouldn't of bit,but surely you can see where i'm coming from.The guy was having problems and i give him some advice as i get the same problems from time to time and i thought that this is the place to ask?Or am i on onother planet?by the sound of things i may as well be cos my box came from the flintstones but do you know what ! i dont give a shit i'm happy others are happy so why do you get ripped for having a SV.Not having a go at you mate you sound like a guy who likes a laugh.

9. keverman1

keverman1 Regular member

Yes I do like a laugh and yes you have a right to own a S/V if that's your choice, but the guys on here really aren't having a go at you personally, they have just been pissed off by people who do whinge about a S/V problem on here when they have advised the same people not to buy them in the first place, and secondly S/V have their own website to sort out the problems but still they come in here expecting help.It just gets a bit tiresome, but one thing is for sure, these guys will provide help if it's really needed, they've even managed to help a dummy like me on occasions,lol

10. delwashy

delwashy Member

Yeah i totally agree with you, there is a s/v site and i'm a member i mentioned the guy who's running the show," the kiddy", there's all can of rumours about that site,you have to pay to join the forums and all that crap.A little over two weeks and they've got over 400 signed up.I come on this sit as i'm looking at satellite/ Blade,but if you come across some poor sod who's struggling i'll give him a hand.People need to be a bit more tolerance as usually the one with a s/v is a beginner and didn't realise the hassle that comes with owning one and lets have it right," After Dawn", is one of the most well knew sites.So word of mouth it's the first place they come,what do you do?turn the site into a class thing sorry for being cynical like you said,"dummies like you like me and the rest",frowned upon?where does it stop?Any way onto a lighter subject thanks for the PM nice having a chat and hope to follow up on the right and wrongs of the tiresome one!!! You take care mate as you nver know whats round the corner ha ha! easy now

11. cactikid

cactikid Active member

you could try just saying what you want instead of adding to other quotes ,it takes up space and more reading involved lol,the thing with all these forums were a hobby,starview went their own way and charge people now and they have their own forum for help as they pay for it use it.we can help to a point.

12. dicky69

dicky69 Member

Hi to all....Just wanted to say thanks to eveyone on here for there starview post they have really helped me, Im going over to sat now with a dm500,I can get a box quite cheap but it does not come with the software, could anyone please tell me a idiot proof step by step guide of doing this as Ive heard its alot more difficult than the sv7 ect...

Thanks for your help keep up the good work !

13. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

I suggest you look at Piopats dreambox guide, its step by step and very good, use the search above, its on here

14. jimbo600

jimbo600 Regular member

The expiry date on my starview box was 15 nov 2011
    they have just changed the expiry date to 15 oct 2011
    that is another month we have lost.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  15. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Sorry guys, but why oh why are you all surprised.. by anything got to do with SV, when your sub is up I would look at other and better options, whether that be Sat or cable,

16. dicky69

dicky69 Member

Thanks Mickah I will look at that.

17. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

how low will they go

18. delwashy

delwashy Member

Sorry tongs lad internet as been done so i missed a couple of day, like you yourself it's bad enough that they're screwing us with the subs,then in your case stripping a month from your expiry date!Thats why i'm keen on getting into sat.As soon my box does done that's when i make my decision and stick with it as i know there's enough poeple out there who will help

19. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

i was thinking of the blade mate looks a piece of piss to set up, will wait tho if or when kv fails. cant believe sv are now robbing a month off people to make them take out early subs.
    there not ripping me off mate, i knew about nagra 3 before it hit my area and i asked which box to buy on here and was advised on the krypt and glad i took the advise, It's just some people had a starview before n3 and didnt ask for advise there box went off so upgraded to sv 6/7 which is understandable, but now i bet the loyal sv customers are boiling which they have every right to be. its all about the money now with starview and there even scooping lower now by theiveing months off them. as if the subs wasn't bad enough they have resorted to stealing something you actually paid for which is 12 month viewing.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  20. delwashy

delwashy Member

I'm with you all the way my friend,lets have it right we do what we do cos we cant afford the real deal,so it makes life a little bit better.Then comes along svsupport pay up or you'll get the plug pulled?It goes against everything," sharing ", thats as a new meaning now it's called support and that equals money.Anyway that's my little grive out the way,if you do decided to get a Blade,let us know how you go on,tongs,as like you i'm really interested in going that way.Nobbie is your man he'll put you right and he seems to be a nice fella the type who'll help and give you good advice.As soon as i get my paper in i'll be giving him a ring.Hope all goes well for you mate and i'll pm you if anything crops up take it easy now.