1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW NEW FIRMWARE

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by spectra17, Mar 17, 2011.

1. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

well aye mate. There's good tut on here for the blade by hitek looks very easy. But im on my to work so can't post the link but im sure someone will point you to it

2. MNA

MNA Regular member

does this only work for starview 6?

3. delwashy

delwashy Member

I'm afraid so MNA mate all starview once exired you'll have to pay £25 min for 6 mths my mate as just cought up and he's back on,i'll just done the same for my mum and you have to wait 12-36 hour for it to activate.Only did it as i cant see me mum without her telly plus she cant afford to up grade and she was happy with her s/v 7.Hope this answers your question?

4. mick094m

mick094m Member

Mine was 15th September and that has been changed to August 15,how can anyone who acts in this way expect to be in business and for people to trust them I certainly don't and wont be subscribing to be ripped off again

5. wona

wona Member

hi mickah is it still worth avin the kryptview 780 please reply

6. spudorang

spudorang Member

We have lost quite a few channels with kv but they are still on
    best if you can to go to sat

7. delwashy

delwashy Member

Same as mine mate,mine as been changed from the 15th Sept-today 15th Aug,so i aint got the money to buy any new equipment so i paid the £25-6mth tariff,now all i've got is standard channels with a login message box flashing on my screen every couple of minutes,very annoying.i've e-mailed them asked is this a problem, the answer was if your box as expired ,yes, and they said this is normal and to wait 24/36 hours to be activated,they also thank me for my purchase and i'm now a full vip member.Lets see what happens 24/36 hours seems a long time to wait especically with the match on tonight! is it going to be vip treatment or ripped off good style?Dont worry i will let you know as soon as anything happens,in the e-mail they sent my new expiry date which will be the 15 Feb 2012.

8. mick094m

mick094m Member

you trust them,well I don't and am sure that others will follow suit and not pay them ,if and that was a big if ,it had gone to the 15 sept,I may have subscribed ,but not now when the cut off a month early,don't trust them simply as that,and after you paying you have to wait 3 days .......no chance

9. delwashy

delwashy Member

I fully agree with your decision but like i said i aint got the cash for an up grade just had some feedback from svsupport they reckon 24 hours and ill be back on.I know im taking a risk but if you register which is free by the way with My s/v.com and check out the s/v7 section there aint no complaints and they get back to you as soon as you post a comment.When or if you decide to have a look at the site click on forum and ill keep you posted as how i go on.

10. cokysmash

cokysmash Member

Hello E45, Been reading this forum now you have been telling other users to move over to sat, now I wanna know what SAT is? and how does it work do you have to pay for subscription.

11. e45

e45 Regular member

have a read m8 do some research first then you will understand, and yes you will pay a yearly fee, but less then a full sub.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f...o_setting_up_a_dm500s_for_cardsharing-846800/

12. artsolo

artsolo Member

you all deserve what you get. ok we all wont something for nothing even me. But them who wont to charge us for something thats ilegal anyway well all their doing is ripping people off and they deserve to be caught.dont get me wrong anything you can get fror nothing is great but these people are rip off merchants and the more you pay what they wont the more they will ask? so get real stop paying stop paying for starview. Because somthing else will come along and all they are doing is getting rich off people like us nomore starview. once bitten twise shy enough is enough pass this along and lets see what they do then with no customers.

13. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

Satellite, and there is loads of FTA.
    You get a dish, put it up, buy a satellite receiver, connect the two of them, then you watch TV :)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  14. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

did you ask them why they robbed a month off you mate?

15. delwashy

delwashy Member

yeah, they reckon they took over (The Kiddy) Starview and we where all getting a free trail period,now it's up and running they have to make it pay basically.If you go on their web site it explains everything and it doesn't cost you to register plus you'll get a free vip life time membership so you can ask them anything before you commit yourself. Like i said i couldn't go out and buy new equipment so £25 for the next 6mth will do me fine by the way those who subscribed never lost a month.Take a look at their site mate at least it gives you the option for £25 6 month to get some cash together if you want to up grade.Myself i counldn't do without my box that's why i paid the minimum free,hope this helps you until you or you might have the cash to go else where?

16. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

im on kv mate

17. cjenkins82

cjenkins82 Member

i have a starview combo hd and im going to move over to sat. i am getting someone to put up a sat dish and instal cables etc.
    will the cable they install fit into my current box or will i need to buy any adaptors?

18. delwashy

delwashy Member

They are usually the same but some have a screw on nipple, cos pence you'll suss it straight away

19. jimbob678

jimbob678 Member

Hi,all my friends sv7 is sayin not connected anyone else got the same problem has been like this for a week now any help would be great

20. e45

e45 Regular member

I would say your time is up watching it for free!! now time to pay the piper, if you wish to continue watching the channels.