1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview No Sk*sports 1 3

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by 808Saint, Aug 24, 2007.

1. 808Saint

808Saint Member

Just to bring this to a close as nothing has changed regarding finding SS1 and SS3. Even using a mates EV V box ! So i did some investigative work via a couple of phone calls and was told that my postcode zone only has analogue cable. Now i dont know why i didnt think that earlier but being able to get all movie channels and sports channels with what another 130 odd channels it had bypassed me as being the actual cable.

Southampton is 60% digital and i just happen to live in a analogue area !

I presume they are right in what they say as being able to pick up so many channels is a bit of a head turner.

I dont know why they cant swap cable if thats what they do to digital or maybe its the pavement boxes that also have to be updated to digital.

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Thanks for letting us know as usual Ferg was on the right track, unlucky for you though :)

Southampton been only 60% digital is more of a surprise to me as far as I was aware that was certainly not the case. This been the problem an upgrade or the eventual switch over to all digital is your only hope.

3. 808Saint

808Saint Member

Well im not convinced scouser that im out of a digital zone based on being able to get 95% of the digital channels !

Maybe VM have got it wrong.

Im going to ask a couple of neighbours who i think have cable whether they have digi boxes.

The only other thing thats been suggested to me is that the signal needs to be amped a bit.

4. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Saint if you know your neighbor well bring your box into there house and see if that works