1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview Picture Quality

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by bilbo1161, Mar 16, 2007.

1. bilbo1161

bilbo1161 Member

Hi

I've got a Dbox2 and just bought a 42" Plasma. The picture quality on the Plasma when viewing the Dbox2 is shocking. When watching football on Sky Sports the grass and lines are all over the place. Pixellation is shocking.

Is this a Dbox problem?
    Is the Starview picture quality any better?

2. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

My Dbox picture output is stunning. Have you set it to RGB output and using a fully wired scart from TV scart?

3. bilbo1161

bilbo1161 Member

Yep, fully wired scart lead and D-Box set to RGB.

In fact its worse when set to RGB than when set to AVS. Its as though its to sharp/digitalised when in RGB. Casts a line around players when in this mode.

What type of TV are you using and how big is it.

I used to have a different Dbox on a 36" CRT TV and this was ok.

4. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

I am using a LG 32" and no problems. When I first set it up it was crap due to the TV having colour/contrast set too high and noise reduction was on. Once I lowered colour/contrast/brightness and set noise reduction off it was fantastic. Sounds like yours may need similar setting as I installed one on a 50" Pioneer plasma for a mate last week and his was even better than mine.

5. bilbo1161

bilbo1161 Member

I've played and played with the settings, to no avail. Begining to wonder if its the NTL source, or possibly a faulty plasma.

You can look at peoples faces when they are doing an interview and their whole face starts to pixellate and all smudge about.

Has anyone had this sort of problem before.

It doesnt appear to do it when watching a dvd through the HDMI cable.

6. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Still sounds like some kind of noise reduction or image processing setting which would be bypassed on HDMI. It's certainly not typical of cable signals I have.

7. dc69

dc69 Regular member

if you can barely make out faces then then the tv is at fault.lcd tv's have shocking picture anyway,you need to have hi def just to get the Same picture that you would get with a crt tv.it could be your box but more lickely your tv.thats why i got a projector,its not the best but the alternative was an lcd or plasma b oth of which have shocking pic quality