1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview problem, any ideas?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by highc, Dec 18, 2007.

1. highc

highc Member

Hi, you guys are a great help but I still have one problem that I can't find a solution for already posted. I just bought a box and have it installed etc. When there are matches on sky sports it keeps cutting off and freezing. It can freeze from time to time on other channels but it happens every few minutes when a match is on. I bought a signal booster but it doesn't seem to have resolved it. I am in an N** MMDS area in Ireland. Any ideas on whats wrong? Grateful for any suggestions.

2. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Have you got the Starvi*w 1 or Starvi*w 2 (THE B0X) ?

Also what version firmware have you got installed ?

Press Menu > System Information and tell us what the API is

3. highc

highc Member

Hi Celtic, I think I have starview 2 only got it last week. The API ver : 4.50e_E boot ver : 7.0 5 Jul 2007

4. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Ok can you tell me what part of Ireland you are living in

5. highc

highc Member

North County Dublin

6. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Sorry I had to go offline for a while

Go to the channels you are having trouble with and press the SIG button on the remote control , write down the Freq that the channel is on .

Then delete them channels and do a manual scan for the freq you noted , then new channels scanned will appear at the end of your channel listing .

7. highc

highc Member

I just got your message thanks. I did what you said, but it is still freezing. My hubby is convinced its the way N** is transmitting, deliberately messing with it! :-(

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Try a booster between the power insertor and TV.

9. highc

highc Member

Hi Scouser, have the signal booster set up with the cable from N** in the back (going in) and connected to box (going out). At the back of box we are using the Cable input and Cable output connections. Are we using the right ones or should we be using TV out and Ant in?

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Now that has even confused me :) Are you talking about a seperate booster and not the power insertor that comes with the MMDS set up? Cable in at the back of the box is correct as in where the N** coax goes, cable out is a loop through connection for looping out to another decoder or to another TV for basic channels , you do not need to use the ant in.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  11. highc

highc Member

Ok, don't mean to confuse. Maybe I'm saying it wrong sorry, not an expert in these things. I bought a signal booster to see if signal would improve. Where the N** comes in it goes through a black box, I have the cable out of this in the back of the booster and the booster connected to the st*rview box. The cable from booster is going into cable input on the st*rview box and cable output is going to the TV. Just making sure it is connected right. If it is I can't solve the problem of the freezing especially on sky sports when a match is on, it goes every few minutes.

12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You say you are using the cable out to go to the TV, why not use a scart lead? Basically you should have the cable from the power insertor to the cable in RF port on the booster, then to the SV from output port 1 of the booster. Have you always had the booster or are you just trying it now?

13. highc

highc Member

Just bought the booster this week, don't think it's making a difference though. Just realized, we have the scart lead going to TV plus the lead from cable output on box! Will disconnect the lead when hubby is finished watching film. Will that sort the problem though?

14. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You only need the scart connection, also it may depend on the distance you are from the transmitter and wheter you have good line of sight. I presume your aerial is properly aligned and the downconvertor is fine. If you have a paid connection with N** you could ask them to come out and take a look, (obviously removing the SV first). Sounds like a problem with one particular transponder. As you have tried it with a booster and without one.

Another thing to check is your connections/splitter, (if you use one), making sure none are loose or badly terminated. Sorry I have to leave for a while hope it works out for you.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  15. highc

highc Member

Thanks for the help you two. I have removed the spare cable. There is a match on Sky Sports now and it is freezing again. I think you are right Scouser, I'll call N** tomorrow to get a technician out.