1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW PROBLEM-HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by McCool, Oct 10, 2007.

1. apkavana

apkavana Member

My Friend has a starview 1 and on the main LED he is getting a green dot instead of numbers, system not working , can anyone explain what he needs to do . its not a clone

2. ckcvp

ckcvp Member

hi there can anyone help me my starview box has been stood on and the circut board for the ariel has been broken can anyone in hartlepool help to fix it .... thanx

3. oner69

oner69 Guest

I have a problem i am trying to revive my starview using jkeys. I have succesfully revived a euro vox i bought the jtag and connected it to the pins on y starview when i click detect it comes up as what its supposed to in a previous article by fergusb i set it to 4900 and it comes up but when i try to go into flash programming it says "error reading from dcu control register" when i click ok it says " could not initiate access". Any help please

4. dodo66

dodo66 Member

have the codes changed in galway???????????
    can any1 help

5. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

You will need a null modem cable DB9F to DB9F.

Null modem info

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=L71BT&DOY=2m6

If your pc does not have a serial port you will need a USB to serial port adapter to use in conjunction with the null modem cable.

USB Adapter info

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx...t10&doy=search&MenuName=USB to Serial Adaptor

These two cable links are only for reference as they can be purchased alot cheaper on fleabay.

All firmware/loader can be found in the link at the end of my post marked Eamos Library.

You will need the GTromloader, (Starview Software Uploader), found in the Starview software folder of the link.

You will need version 4.00 firmware for GENUINES found in "Starvi*w" firmware folder.

And please download the Starview PDF guide,(similar instructions, this will give you step by step instructions on how to do everything.This can be found in the Starview Documentation folder in the link.

6. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

7. genoflect

genoflect Member

Hi guys

Just wondering if iam a lost cause. My box was initially scrambled for last 3 days, so i left alone thinking an issue with N** . Now it looks like there is no power even going through it. About 5/6 months ago i flashed my clone box with firmware 257, at the time i remember reading it may fry the cloned boxs. Is this RIP box ?

8. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

9. genoflect

genoflect Member

Thanks Celtic 71

It seems dead to me. So jtag seems only option. I would not have equipment to solder, so would you recommend sending my box to a pro to fix ? , i looked uo E&*y and found the service been offered for £20. They also stated they could insert a chip to turn a clone into a genuine box. Is this genuine ?

So would my box have died because of been flased with 257 ?, or are the clone boxes ultimately doomed.

Cheers

10. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

11. genoflect

genoflect Member

Thanks again

Just to confirm, even if I reflash with the new 2.57 fix. Its still as dead as a dodo.

12. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

If its dead it will need to be jtagged first then flashed with the 2.57_FIXED

13. oner69

oner69 Guest

I have a problem i am trying to revive my starview using jkeys. I have succesfully revived a euro vox i bought the jtag and connected it to the pins on y starview when i click detect it comes up as what its supposed to in a previous article by fergusb i set it to 4900 and it comes up but when i try to go into flash programming it says "error reading from dcu control register" when i click ok it says " could not initiate access". Any help please

14. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Scouser and Fergusrb are the main men for jtags , Sorry they are both offline today and should be back over the weekend , I cant help you as I dont have a notion about it sorry

15. oner69

oner69 Guest

no prob thanks for the reply will try over the weekend

16. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Maybe start a new thread and someone else might see it and give you some advise , I know Eamo might be about later and he might see it and help you out

17. nageek

nageek Member

Thanx my Celtic warrior for all ur help..

18. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

No problem

19. Edinbhoy

Edinbhoy Guest

I can't get Setanta Sports 1 but other channels are ok. Can anyone help?

20. triggster

triggster Member

same here in mside tpest area set888a1 went off late last night and not got it back yet. Anyone else??