1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview problem?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by jdmowen, Dec 22, 2007.

1. alanm90

alanm90 Member

Hi All and a Happy New Year to you and yours.

I need help - I have a Starview (not The Box) which I updated to ver 4.00e boot 7.0 a few months back and all was well until I switched on tonight. I'm in Dublin on n*l and all 90+ channels came in visually broken up digitally and the audio was screeching. So I did a factory reset and powered off only to find after scanning that I have only 15 channels all called TV1101 or something similar - and they are also digitally broken up. Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this?

Many thanks,
    Al.

2. karljd

karljd Regular member

Redasafox had the same problem couple of days ago i just powered off the box left it overnight and the next day it was fine,when i say powered off means pulling the plug in all out.

3. cactikid

cactikid Active member

co axial from wall to cable input from main feed,no extensions or splitters,and make sure u select provider,as wrong one selected no channels.report back

4. karljd

karljd Regular member

alanm90 check and see have you a clone or geniine box 18vents=clone 25vents=genuine 13vents 1stgeneration vents are on top off the box

5. cactikid

cactikid Active member

check ur cables coaxial,and no extensions or splitters and if u have a load of tvs on in house that will drain signal strength,my mate has same issue and was told to update coaxial with screw ends to get better signal as he had 5 tvs in house.

6. alanm90

alanm90 Member

Thanks cactikid, I re-seated the coaxial cable a few times, powered off the starview another few times and re-scanned again and again and all of a sudden it started to detect the full range of channels and they all are coming in correctly. I wonder if it was a problem with the n*l signal in the area. Anyway - it seems to be working now so thanks again.
    Al.

7. cactikid

cactikid Active member

great to have u up and running and feedback helpfull.

8. cactikid

cactikid Active member

are u uk/irl and what provider are u with report back

9. speedy786

speedy786 Guest

Hi Cactikid i have solved the problem now my box is working. I downloaded the 257.fixed program and uploaded it to my box then I got the channel dump file for bradford and uploaded that aswell, when I scanned the box and turned the EMU on. the channel was blank and it started updating but not like before this time it went to around 180% and then all the channels came on. Thanks for your help Cactikid. I was wondering if you know how to get the fav menu to say movies sports asain ect at the moment my just says fav1 fav2 fav3. If there is any software or program
    many thanks

10. redasafox

redasafox Guest

I'm based in Ireland and using NTL. I've also tried using the one coaxial straight from the supply and no joy.

11. cactikid

cactikid Active member

i checked mine and thats all u get with that box,newer boxes have more platforms for favs ,movie,sport,news etc.

12. cactikid

cactikid Active member

are u doubly sure cable input and select n*l on autoscan!look at writing on back off box,report back

13. skinny27

skinny27 Member

hi can anyone tell me how to get my star view iwantabix working i followed the instructions to a tea and still nothing can do everything as far as (cas systyem)select key EMU their is no option any help will be greatly appreisated thank you

14. cactikid

cactikid Active member

if u see key emu off highlight key emu and use left or right arrows around [ ok ] button to switch on.exit exit exit,and let it update,then picture comes in.report back.

15. skinny27

skinny27 Member

sorry im new to this,i have it all workig as far as parental controle i am pressing the info button and typing in 2004 but their is nothing happening

16. cactikid

cactikid Active member

do it two ways.parental control ,ok.info2004,emu to on exit exit exit. or menu 1570 emu to on exit exit exit.

17. skinny27

skinny27 Member

18. cactikid

cactikid Active member

19. skinny27

skinny27 Member

20. cactikid

cactikid Active member

its the box u have, menu,system info ok ,tell me what u have on it.
    boxes that come from supplier are freeview only,and u cannot get to emu until u reflash firmware[ update ] to access emu.