1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW PROBLEMS - ***NO CODES HERE ANYMORE***

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Celtic71, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1shaddow1

1shaddow1 Regular member

n*l where have u tried page 1?

2. DesB

DesB Regular member

Vicatron, Hi , Karl has gone out for a bit , as i was saying I had problems with this I was using windows Vista and couldnt get it to work ,the exact same problems as you,what I did was took box, and cables over to the mate who has windows XP and I got it sorted easily

3. 1shaddow1

1shaddow1 Regular member

thats prolly the first time on here i seen sumone talk bout compatability issues.

well done. and how true it is

4. superbaby

superbaby Regular member

how do you install new firmware which auto updates the keys for a eurovox blue? anyone please

5. vicatron

vicatron Regular member

ok iv managed to get the letters to appear in the stb box but now it says cant open serial port and the system cannot find the file specified.

6. DesB

DesB Regular member

7. DesB

DesB Regular member

As previously asked are you using Vista or XP

8. vicatron

vicatron Regular member

im on windows xp!!and i was soo excited today getting the cable...now i feel like crying!!

9. DesB

DesB Regular member

Did you download the WInrar file to extract the file?

10. vicatron

vicatron Regular member

yep i get as far as the box saying com port and baud rate and stb model and then when i press down load....nada!!!

11. superbaby

superbaby Regular member

found the right thread, thanks desB

12. wizkid9

wizkid9 Guest

Evenin DesB, was talkin to Celtic lasnight and was sayin I've been asked by 2 family members to put firmware onto thier D*ream bOxes. No-one seems to have much info on them. Any ideas? Everyone thinks I'm a genius now since I upgraded mine. I could take this up as a part time job if I was that way inclined. :)

13. DesB

DesB Regular member

Ok Try this then ...
    Delete the winrar and download you are using and then download and save them again, save them to the desk top and try again, connect the cable from PC to the box, just before downloading put the box to standby (THE CLOCK) and press download...try this a couple of times as it can be tempremental.. let me know, I will have a nose around for other solutions.

14. DesB

DesB Regular member

Hi whizkid, Like Celtic71 I am not up to speed on D boxes, however if you look at eamo,s link there is a section on how to.... try this and see!

http://www.4shared.com/dir/3042613/f6e3421c/sharing.html

15. vicatron

vicatron Regular member

thanks...have to get baby fed and in bed so i'll be back in a while myself...let you know how i get on.

16. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Sorry Folks , just in from work , page 1 update now

Wiz , scroll back to last nights post and I think I seen Scouser giving you some info on the Dreamb0x :)

17. 1shaddow1

1shaddow1 Regular member

18. wizkid9

wizkid9 Guest

thanks CELTIC, had a look at the info sc0user left for me. sound quiet difficult. if you know anybody who has updated the dream box , tell them i need some help.

thanks in advance CELTIC

19. CelM

CelM Member

Hi Guys,

I've just got box back up and working but only sky sports and Irish channels are working the rest it's coming up
    . I don't konw what it means, can anyone help me.

Thanks

CelM

20. wizkid9

wizkid9 Guest

Originally posted by vicatron:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DesB:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by karljd:

it says three and four are in use...will i try them anyway?

try them ithink your using the wrong cables have a look in here 3rd post down same cables are used for eurovox and starview http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/653745

sorry to be such a headwrecker!!!my cable looks exactly like the white one and i ordered it specially from a wee computer shop i know and he knew exactly what i needed it for...do you think its bogey?

Vicatron, Hi , Karl has gone out for a bit , as i was saying I had problems with this I was using windows Vista and couldnt get it to work ,the exact same problems as you,what I did was took box, and cables over to the mate who has windows XP and I got it sorted easily

im on windows xp!!and i was soo excited today getting the cable...now i feel like crying!!

Did you download the WInrar file to extract the file?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM, WHEN I TRIED TO UPDATE THE FIRMWARE LASTNIGHT. THE LEAD I HAD LOOKED THE SAME AS A NULL MODEM CABLE, BUT THE CONFIGURATION WAS DIFFERENT( IE THE WIRING )
    CONNECTED THE PROPER CABLE AND IT WORKED FINE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.