1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW PROBLEMS - ***NO CODES HERE ANYMORE***

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Celtic71, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1shaddow1

1shaddow1 Regular member

haha u tell em des lol

2. rik01

rik01 Member

can anyone help me please i put v4.5 on the first starview i should have put the update all i have on screen is the box will i bin it or can it be fixed many thanks

3. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

You can reflash it again with the correct firmw@re

First check if you have a clone or genuine b0x

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Long time coming zero tolerance but its a sad day to see since I came here, needed I suppose.

Lots of helpful people here, but its a tendency to use the internet in this way, " I ask I should get", scenario. Rules tend to be overlooked unless you are here for a while and learn that there are rules to follow. Thats my off topic rant, but I tend to use my posts constructively toward the forum and hence I hope its not seen as banter.

Hopefully people will see that rules are here now and cannot be broken. But I will leave Mods to do the moderating as I have seen far too many posts from a member berating another, so I could see this coming.

Sad day as I said but boy its needed, hopefully with common sense and the good community here we will see how good this particular forum can be again.

On that note I hope everyone has a pleasant evening ;)

5. oconbren

oconbren Regular member

Guys Dont forget that Sc0user , des and celt Etc Etc have lives outside of this forum , they are not alway around to update the first page with new codes and People want the new codes 10mins ago so people have to request codes ,

6. 1shaddow1

1shaddow1 Regular member

heh beat me to it celtic :)

7. vicatron

vicatron Regular member

a few pages back today one of the guys who know all the info posted that if its one digit out you should just reset the default key...have a look for it and see if it applies to you.

8. oconbren

oconbren Regular member

Ohhh and the BIGMAQ toolbar is brutal for new codes , that takes ages to update

9. rik01

rik01 Member

thanks celtic71 i will try it when i get home from work up the boys many thanks.

10. gemmell

gemmell Member

anyone have chor*s codes

11. stevegem

stevegem Member

just thought id say keep up the good work Scouser n celtic

12. steo2k8

steo2k8 Active member

another one. let this be a lesson.

13. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

re banter, i've said it before and i'll mention it again, (i'm actually not too much of an ogre!), no-one, not even me, are against the odd off-topic comment, (i even make the odd one myself, albeit rarely), it's all about balance at the end of the day; the odd comment here and there bother no-one, it's when we have a whole page of (for example) chatting about the latest footie match, where the forums start to go downhill...and we have to start complaining..

..now if only people would stop being dumb and lazy, and start reading what are kindly been added/updated...instead of still asking for codes

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  14. 1shaddow1

1shaddow1 Regular member

i agree totally creaky, but unfortunatley am sure we will see more get suspended b4 ppl start to take heed........

15. steo2k8

steo2k8 Active member

creakys right. it may seem harsh but people won't learn otherwise. they'll keep doing it. you should add it to the forum rules if you didn't already.

16. edscape

edscape Member

I got the cable last week and updated my firmware. Thanks guys, but I'm still gonna tune into planet afterdawn. The posts from some of the thicker posters really is worth a look in. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad. The guys on here do a great service to us "box" users and don't need the huge amount of utter crap that arrives on this site from 6pm onwards. Use the two brain cells you were given to save the first page (de one wit de codes duh) as a favourite and stop clogging up the net with your crap.
    Cheers and thanks again guys.

17. steo2k8

steo2k8 Active member

or people could update theirs and not need codes.

18. edscape

edscape Member

What I'm assuming here is, that if the less intelligent among us can't find the home page, they are eminently unlikely to be able to upgrade their equipment. I suppose they COULD get someone to do it for them. But that would cost money.

19. 1shaddow1

1shaddow1 Regular member

i wudn't charge to do a box flash as its entirely free if ya got the kit/knowledge (which ain't much) can't stand to see ppl get ripped off

andy

20. oconbren

oconbren Regular member

i updated my box on Sat and earlier tonight i watched it role automatically , When i press menu and yellow there are Zero's everywhere , and when i press menu language 19681968 i can see the new valid keys but about 20mins ago" insert smart came up on the screen" then " please wait code being updated" i have it on Sky sports1 but no picture , any help out there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.