1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview PVR Dublin: no channels

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SuperJari, Oct 19, 2007.

1. SuperJari

SuperJari Member

Have just got a Starview PVR, uploaded the 6th July file via USB, followed the instructions, located the 'key menu', cos I'm on n*l,when i go into that menu I can only select nagravison and I change the autoupdate option(is this the emu on/off??) to on but cannot get any channels. I try the autoscan but pick up zip. I have a eurovox working perfectly and have swapped it over to the PVR using the same cable feed and no channels. Am i doing something obvious wrong???

2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

if 0 chs found are u plugged into cable input? and autoscan on n*l

3. SuperJari

SuperJari Member

Plugged into cable input and scanning on NTL, still nowt. Based in Dublin. The Autoscan does not let you pick what frequencies to scan from, its usually between 250 and 420MHz on the eurovox. The signal is not split and its picking up 0% signal strentgh whereas on the EV its around 83%. Very confused.

4. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

OK try factory reset then turn your b0x off at the back for a min then turn back onand continue with installaion and Autoscan , then turn the EMU key ON

5. SuperJari

SuperJari Member

At the end of my tether now. Have tried all the suggestions so far and still not working. the signal stregnth is still 0% as well as the quality. When the autoscan is running down the bottom right of the screen it is displaying UNLOCK across from where the level and quality percentages are shown. As i have said before my EV is working perfectly from the same channel feed.

Can anybody come up with a suggestion as to why this is not working?

6. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Try do a manual scan on 402000 and see if it picks up any channels that way

7. SuperJari

SuperJari Member

Tried the 402000 scan but still no signal level. Why is this so?? what can be done about it, do i need a booster?? Is the pvr more picky than the eurovox when it comes to scanning? Is there diferent versions of the software that caters for ireland?

any help is appreciated, thanks.

8. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Press Menu > Syatem Information and check if the lastest bin is actually installed

9. SuperJari

SuperJari Member

Latest bin is installed. Looking at other threads about the PVR at least I'm not on my own having theses problems. Is there more than one version of the July bin file available?? Might have to re-install the bin file.

Thanks.

10. SuperJari

SuperJari Member

Great, its up and running now, re-installed the firmware and hey presto channels came in. Must have been a bad flash. Many thanks to Celtic for their sound advice.
    Great site too lads.