1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview-pvr-prob.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by demojohn, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

There is a 'make me dead' button on the PVR remote,

Press Aux = Kills remote
    Press STB = Brings back remote.

Try it.

2. apkavana

apkavana Member

Hi all can anyone confirm new box super will work in Naas Kildare Ireland on Ntl Chorus

3. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

It will work with N*L/Chor*s CABLE but NOT with Chor*s MMDS

4. apkavana

apkavana Member

reply thanks

5. demojohn

demojohn Member

No just (ON) on display and nothing working.DJ.

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Have you tried a reflash?

7. mxmxmxm

mxmxmxm Guest

hi have pvr box no programs installed yet no digital stations done all the information u gave me leads in box and labtop have 31-c up on box ready for programing and hdd installed 2 folled all instructions have rught firm download ready in files on labtop now this is the part i get stuck at im stuck at it a week help me please when it askes me 2 browse and select new firm i select and press download ye it comes up flash failed or bin files does notcorrect download was probithed why is this tell me why cant flash or transfer at all im stuck please reply

8. mxmxmxm

mxmxmxm Guest

just flashed new firmware ver 4506 oct before i did a flash at all i could nt pick up any digital stations now ive done the flash download and followed all in instructions bout hidden menue turnedauto update on choose thr right provider n.l ye then went 2 a scrambled channel waited still not n have pvr box over a week now ive tryed everyting any help 4 me please just wanna get it going please reply

9. demojohn

demojohn Member

(Cant be fixed so I dumpt it, end of problem.)bourght eurovox can only get 16 channels need info for TW. Sutton-Mitcham.))

10. mxmxmxm

mxmxmxm Guest

just got box super can u give mr details how 2 programme it please and got my pvr going 2 tanks 2 yous tanks lads please reply

11. demojohn

demojohn Member

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Eurovox up and running,214 channels excelent. D.J.

12. mnaidoo

mnaidoo Guest

Hi anyone out there----tried all versions of the dream box in Greystones but no joy.Live in a mobile home park with cable tv from chorus----please suggest alternative

13. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Wrong thread m8, this is Starview PVR Probs
    jbvid

14. woody55

woody55 Member

Hi I have one of these boxes, i've flashed and run through the i 2007 some 15 times, got the hidden menue done the changes BUT STILL ONLY get the free to air chan's all the others LOCKED still.
    Can any one help ""PLEASE""

15. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Have a look in Eamos at the bottom of my post. Lots of guides in there by jbvideo.

16. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi woodie55
    This is an updated version.
    You may need to load the latest F/W (Firm Ware)v4.506 Oct it is in the 'eko.4shared' link below.
    To find your present Software version press Menu/System Setup/System Information. Then make sure you are plugged into the correct socket at the back (one of the four together) marked up. NOT the antenna socket. The manual is wrong.
    Before doing a scan Goto Menu / Installation and make sure the (Cable Network Option) top item is set to your local provider if not correct it by using the right / Left arrow keys on your remote, then move down to Autoscan and wait till it has finished scanning.
    If channels are not clearing after a scan goto Menu / System Setup / Press OK when the Parental Control line in yellow is highlighted then press i then 2007, this should take you the the Cas System Menu. (You may need try this a few times to get your key press timing correct on the remote control but this will get you into the Cas Syatem Menu) If you can't get onto the Cas System Menu screen then you are doing something wrong so keep trying it.
    When you are on the Cas Menu Screen and with Nagravision 1,11 highlighted in Yellow Press OK, On the Provider ID Line select the same provider as earlier by using the left/right arrow buttons on remote then press the LAST (load default) button on your remote, then the OK button to (Store) wait for it to save then press exit, then make sure Autoupdate option is On (Bottom Item in Cas System Menu.) This is the equiv of the EMU, Exit out, Goto a scrambled channel and wait for update.

Goto the TheBox PVR Folder for F/W and Documentation Folder for How too's
    http://eko.4shared.com/

jbvid

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  17. mthornley

mthornley Member

Site virgin please be gentle,

I had a Starview 1 which exoired, now got Starview 2, will the GT Rom and version 4.0 software I used on the 1 be OK fo rthe 2?

Thanking you in aticipation

Regards

18. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    This is an already started 'Starview PVR' thread, you will get more response by starting a new thread 'Starview 2' as people looking in this one will only have the PVR.
    jbvid

19. mthornley

mthornley Member

Thanks will do.

20. dinga

dinga Member

Hi,
    Can any one help?
    Followed all the advice on the threads but still scrambled. In the CAS SYSTEM selected my provider, telewest (virgin)
    LAST(load default),OK (store) ,save ,exit.When I check CAS SYSTEM again my provider has reverted to NTL. This has happened every time
    I have E_ver 4.506_15Oct 2007 in system

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.