1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview pvr the box

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by mo5afda, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Check which F/W you have installed??
    To check your current F/W version: Menu/System Setup/System Information.
    If you need to update your F/W (Firm Ware) and the nowhow to do it with Null Modem Cable or USB Cable its in the eko link below in (The Box PVR folder and Documents folder)
    You need version 4.506Oct.
    http://eko.4shared.com/

Before doing a scan Goto Menu / Installation and make sure the (Cable Network Option) top item is set to your local provider if not correct it by using the right / Left arrow keys on your remote, then move down to Autoscan and wait till it has finished.

If channels not clearing goto Menu / System Setup / Press ok when the Parental Control line in yellow is highlighted then press i then 2007, this should take you the the CAS SYSTEM. (May need to do this a couple of times quite slowly with your remote to get into CAS SYSTEM) When you are there and Nagravision 1,11 is highlighted in Yellow Press ok, On the Provider ID Line select your provider by using the left/right arrow buttons on remote then press the LAST (load default)button on your remote, then the OK (Store) wait for it to save then press exit, exit. (Your provider needs to be the same as the one you selected in Cable Network Option above.
    Finally make sure Autoupdate is On (This is the EMU) (Bottom Item in Cas System.) Got to a scrambled channel and wait.
    jbvid

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  2. mxmxmxm

mxmxmxm Guest

tanks 4 get n back it just says the box pvr ver 3.104 and date is this ok or do i need 2 download stuff from labtop and is their really a hidden menue im pissed of and ordered the box not super can i get emu easly on it

3. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Put 4.506_Oct F/W on it as requested in last post,do a scan then turn autoupdate on.
    jbvid

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  4. mxmxmxm

mxmxmxm Guest

ok will do does this mean tats the problem why i cant receive digital ststions and is this why i cant get hidden screen do i need 2 download this first 2 get both things and tanks 4 support many tanks but will u stay till i get it going

5. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Yes, just follow the instructions in my post and all will work.
    jbvid

6. mxmxmxm

mxmxmxm Guest

just went out 2 buy null modem usb they had right connection 4 box and lab top ye but they said i need i more cable with it they had nt got it do i need this other 1 or what i think it was called a code break cabel or someting do i need it and tanks again

7. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    You can only load the updated firmware into the Starview PVR with
    either ""A NULL MODEM CABLE"" or ""A USB Cable"", don't let them sell you anything else. "Google" for them so you know what you need to buy.

Bye jbvid

8. mxmxmxm

mxmxmxm Guest

tanks again yes he was selling me usb connector it was right fit in all but he says i need another wire 2 with it he says every 1 with boxes buys the 2 in dublin will the 1 usb connection do me here in dublin or do i need the otger wire 2 that he mentioned and basicly this is why my pvr wont receive stations because i need connection usb and download what u recomended is that why and tanks again

9. mxmxmxm

mxmxmxm Guest

your informstion is fantastic tanks again asu know ive pvr trying 2 get it running well ive ordered the box not suoer just the box ye will it set up easier like without hard drive and computers and downloads and without hidden menue s friends have them and set up in minutes and get all stations does it work quickley wiyhout all that stuff please reply

10. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Yes.
    Bye jbvid

11. mxmxmxm

mxmxmxm Guest

tanks again so i buy 1 usb connector and that will transfer your firm recomended download from my labtop to box pvr no other wire ye

12. mxmxmxm

mxmxmxm Guest

hi justdownloaded firm oct 4506 onto my labtop ye now have all connections in from box 2 labtop usb cabel ye now how do i transfer download from labtop 2 pvr box everytime i click on firm download it goes 2 hp photosmart not great at this type if stuff any help 4 me pleasr reply and tanks again

13. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Already posted this info before in this thread, not typing it all out again.
    If you need to update your F/W (Firm Ware)to version 4.506Oct, and the now how to do it with Null Modem Cable or USB Cable its in the link below in (The Box PVR folder / Documents folder, YOU NEED TO READ THIS TO BE ABLE TO DO IT.
    Can't help any more.
    http://eko.4shared.com/
    jbvid

14. mxmxmxm

mxmxmxm Guest

sorry mate 1 more ting i purchased a usb serial converter ye it goes from labtop 2 the r232c lead theh from r232c into pvr perfect they all fit perfect ye is this the right process and will it still transfer please reply tanks again

15. mxmxmxm

mxmxmxm Guest

sorry my friend im using a seriual usb connector do i do a serial scan or a usb scan and have my serial connector connected into rs232c then rs232c into pvr is this right and what scan do i do please reply and tanks again

16. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Two ways to patch
    1. = Serial cable transfer = Null Modem cable (9pin female to 9 pin female) or USB to 9pin converter.

2. = USB Transfer = USB to USB Cable.
    You need to get someone to help you with this. I am going abroad for 3 weeks.
    Bye
    jbvid

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  17. peterdou

peterdou Regular member

just flashed the box when i switch it on the screen is blank i dont think i put it back to factory settigs properly can u help

18. mxmxmxm

mxmxmxm Guest

done everyting it said bout serial scan all wores hooked up have program number 31 up on box ready for program n following instructions get n 2 bit 4 download n from labtop 2 box askes u 2 browse download om select n the right firm u told me 2 ye when i press download not n will flash 4 me no programs i understand every ting elese u tell me and understand all the instructions this bit is fusk n me all together why wont anyting download or flash when i go 2 press download like says in instruction s please help

19. mxmxmxm

mxmxmxm Guest

whats happening mate is i follow all instructions till i get 2 bit were u dowload your new firm when i select firm on labtop and press dpwnload all i get is bin file does not correct download was probithed all leads connected well have b-31 up on box why cant i download new firm its reck n me head please reply

20. mxmxmxm

mxmxmxm Guest

have box a week now ive been trying everyting u sent me all i needed 2 do was factory reset n and turn auto update on got it from a mail from this trend tanks alot lads your support is fantastic how do i get the record n and frez n telly so on going

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.