1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview pvr the box

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by mo5afda, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liamo83

Liamo83 Member

Hey,

i have a box pvr with system information: Twin tuner, version 3.104, 18 march 2008

2. TMFC

TMFC Member

I have the box PVR with firmware 3.104 march 2008. I cannot access the hidden menu and so far only have FTA channels can anyone help?

3. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    You may have the FTA (Free To Air) F/W installed, you need to update your F/W to version 4.506Oct, and read how to do it with Null Modem Cable or USB Cable. Its in the link below in 'The Box PVR' folder for the F/W and the 'how too' in the Documents folder.

http://eko.4shared.com/
    jbvid

4. red_optic

red_optic Member

My thanks to jbvideo your posts/tips helped me get my The Box PVR up & running with minimum of fuss.

Though there is something rather unusual, anything I record onto the HD has no audio even though audio on channels is coming through perfectly.

Is this something that will clear itself in time or has anyone come across this before and knows the cause ?

Edit: I've just double checked some of the recordings and the sound does kick eventually a good few minutes into the recording is this normal ?

Running 4.506

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  5. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi Red
    Not heard of this audio problem before, I would certainly suspect and check or change your scart lead out to your TV or try the other output scart socket on the back of the PVR.
    jbvid

6. red_optic

red_optic Member

Thanks for the suggestion, I ended up flashing the latest beta firmware and that seems to have cured whatever the problem was, no more delays in the audio stream.

7. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Glad you are sorted , I too have the v3 Beta F/W installed in mine and it works fine for me, but didn't want to encourage anyone to load it as a lot of people had more problems than with 4.506 Oct version.
    jbvid

8. Liamo83

Liamo83 Member

Hi,

My box pvr keeps turning off and back on again. This usually happens in the evenings and it only happens a few days each week. Anyone know what the problem could be?? Thanks

9. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Seems you could have a fault in the power supply, so if you are up to it visually check for bulging or leaking capacitors. But first it would be worth reloading the firmware on again in case of any corruption. The latest F/W v4.506 Oct it is in the 'eko.4shared' link below
    Goto the TheBox PVR Folder for F/W and Documentation Folder for How to do it.
    http://eko.4shared.com/
    jbvid

10. benjioz

benjioz Member

11. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

@benjioz
    Hi
    What is it benjioz, your not asking me anything?
    jbvid

12. Skint1

Skint1 Member

Hi Guys,

I have THE BOX SUPER and an ecternal DVD recorder with internal HDD, does anyone know if i can record onto the HDD from THE BOX SUPER?

Thanks

13. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Don't know, but why don't you try it, connect a scart lead from the scart output on the back of your Box Super to the scart input of your DVD recorder,(if it has one) then switch on the Box Super and set the DVD recorded to record to H/D or DVD.
    If no scart input on DVD recorder then your out of luck.
    jbvid

14. nando_9

nando_9 Member

Hi guys,

My SV pvr keeps crashing. I have to switch on and off from the back. It comes on for an hour or so, then goes off. All the channels are still OK. I don't have to search again.
    Question is, is it the actual box that is kaput? or a firmware issue. I have the 4.506oct firmware and it's been ok for ages. I guess if the box itself is goosed, I will need a new one.

Does anyone have any info on the new Box super USB, or is it on another thread?? i like the sound of this box, although it is not a twin tuner. The idea is to record on the box and watch freeview tv built in to the telly. If the recording is better than SV pvr(split recordings, jittering, no recording, intermitten sound)then this might be the box for me.
    thoughts on a postcard......
    Cheers

15. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    When you say crashing do you mean loss of power to the box or just locking up like a PC would at times? If only locking up try reinstalling the Firmware again (could be corrupted)
    If loss of power sounds like a fault on the power supply, you could check for obvious signs like bulging capacitors or visible burnt areas.
    The new S/V 4 USB PVR seems like a good machine but only one tuner, but you can use an external USB hard drive for recording,and USB Stick for data transfer, there are some posts on site about it, and you can also Google for it.
    jbvid

16. nando_9

nando_9 Member

Hi there,
    Tried loading firmware again, which went Ok. Now box shows "On" when you switch on and off from the back and that's it. I've had a look inside and there's nothing obvious.
    Is this fixable? or should I just get rid. I've had a good run so far.
    Think I'm gonna go for a SV4 pvr USB

Thanks for your help

17. hopper63

hopper63 Member

please help i have the box pvr and iam missing alot of stations iam woundering has anyone any ideas e.g. have rte1 yet i havent got rte2 any help would be great cheers

18. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Try a factory reset and rescan.
    jbvid

19. lyndon70

lyndon70 Member

jbvid
    done a factory reset cant get any channels now, can you help me please.

20. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Everyone in the same boat, virgin tactics, read other closed posts.
    jbvid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.