1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview pvr

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by barking, Sep 17, 2007.

1. barking

barking Guest

Hi all, I have the starview box and its grand but I would like to update and get the starview pvr purely because I can record one station and watch another (which means I can move my dvd recorder to another room). I have been reading through some of the forums and people speak about these boxes coming without a hard drive. Do I have to buy a seperate hard drive and if so is it easy to sort or set up as I am not the best when it comes to this type of stuff. And if any one knows where to get one of these at a fair price I would be grateful for any info. And finally what should I look out for if I buy one on ebay. Thanks for any advice in advance.

2. x7trsa

x7trsa Member

I will be getting one in the next week or so. The pvr has a usb 2 connection which I reckon is for connecting the external hard drive. If it is then a usb cable is all that's needed. I stand to be corrected though. Will let ya know....

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  3. barking

barking Guest

Excellent stuff. Thanks a mil. Will look forward hear how you get on

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You can update to the HDD via the USB port and you can still also flash via a null modem cable if HDD is not installed.