1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview pvr

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by megantye, Dec 31, 2007.

1. megantye

megantye Member

hi can anyone help please. got mystarview pvr today followed every instruction to a tee, installed a hard drive and formatted ok.
    came to scan for channels and the strength bars say 0%, i have a eurovox in another room so i linked up to the main box and did a new scan and it is on full strength and found channels no problem.
    contacted the seller who said are you sure the cable line is in the right slot (der) and then said to try to flash it again???? i bought it as it said software installed and ready to scan and play as i am afraid i am not very computer literate. please help someone

2. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

First go to Menu/System Setup/System Information and if your software is 4.5 or similar it is ok. (If not go here read plenty and update software from The Starview PVR folder) http://eko.4shared.com/

Make sure your cable supply lead is in the correct socket at the back as there are 6 and its easy to get in the wrong one and don't forget to fit a short link cable between tuners to get both tuners working. Then Menu/Installation/ Select your Cable network using right/Left arrow on remote, ie ntl,tw,ex c&w etc, then down to autoscan and wait untill finished.

3. megantye

megantye Member

Hi Celtic in system info the software is E_Ver 4.506, sorry but what do you mean fit a short link cable between tuners ! a small like fly lead about 10" long came with it. is that what you mean. cheers Roy.

4. megantye

megantye Member

Celtic forget that last thread,followed your instructions and its now picking up channels. your a star mate cheers Roy.

5. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

No problem , happy viewing