1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview questions?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by stevomatt, Jan 28, 2007.

1. stevomatt

stevomatt Member

i am new here... i have had a starview box for approx 3 weeks.. on the 26th all the boxes got scrambled. how often does this happen. please can you share your stories, how long have you had your box and how many times has this scrambling occured.

thanks

please could u pm me with the site for the reg updates and also a place where i can buy the right cable as at present i had to send mine away for the s/w to get reloaded.

thanks

2. stevomatt

stevomatt Member

i was also wondering if you can buy some kind of eye like the sky eye where you can change channels upstairs (i have run the box from downstairs to my bedroom but i gotta run downstairs to change channel.

thanks

3. paaull

paaull Member

I contacted my seller about the update and he emailed me it with instructions on how to update the box. Your seller should have also given you the required update cable when you bought the box.

4. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

They are supposed to autoroll the keys to avoid re-flashing, but were caught out by the CC's doing some crafty fiddling. How often you need to update it? The only person that can answer that is the person at the CC who takes the decision to knock out Starview boxes, and I dn't think they would make that public.

Cable here:
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97740&criteria=null modem&doy=29m1

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  5. stevomatt

stevomatt Member

do i only need this cable ... what about the software and a cd?

i did not get a cable or s/w with the box... he just said to see him if it occurs?

6. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

The software link is in the STARVIEW FILES thread.

7. stevomatt

stevomatt Member

thanks,

does anyone know about the eye ? or whether an alternative is available

8. stevomatt

stevomatt Member