1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview remote problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by elkopite, Jun 23, 2007.

1. elkopite

elkopite Member

hello...just wondering if anyone has come accross this problem my brother in law is having with his starview remote.he has a toshiba tv and every time he presses the ok button on the starview remote the channel changes on his tv..thus changing the channel to a blue screen....he then has to use his toshiba tv remote to change the tv channel back again...very frustrating...is there a solution to this ?? does anyone know if you can open the starview remote up and alter the frequency that the remote operates??? please help...

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

strange alright all I can recommend is t o get a universal remote as if the two remotes use similar frequencys this may stop the problem occuring.

3. elkopite

elkopite Member

thanks for the reply...but the only problem with that is...what code do you enter for the starview remote???? also i forgot to add, even if he covers the tv sensor (to receive remote commands) it still changes the channel

4. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

even if you get a universal remote they don't work on starviews.