1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW RIP OFF YET AGAIN

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by TuckerW, Aug 2, 2012.

1. 2dogsfighting71

2dogsfighting71 Regular member

This thread should be bumped up on a daily basis to make people aware.
    I know some of the regulars on here get wound-up repeating themselves, but we're not all blessed with good technical knowledge.

If just one person see's the title STARVIEW RIP OFF YET AGAIN and it prevents them from getting a sv, then it is worth it.

Edit,

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

any google search will bring you to same conclusion elsewhere.

3. e45

e45 Regular member

I dont think it matters how many times people are warned they just pay no heed, they think people have an another aganda "yes" they do, they are trying to save you wasting your hard earned cash, its getting harder and harder to come by now, so every penny counts.

You have seen it all before with STARVIEW they take your money and then RIP YA OFF, all this crap about the server wont take the box, or the other one that was written into the code for the box your box has been cut off by Virgin media PMSL at that one.

Any of the SV boxes can be put on their server exactly as what was said above just put the mac address on it and this can be done in a less than 10mins, SV dont want to do this as the subs are NOT making enough money, so they resort to cutting people off and forcing people to buy new boxes when there is absolutely nothing wrong with their old box.

FOLKS BE WARNED YOU ARE BEEN TAKING FOR A RIDE AT YOUR EXPENSE BY STARVIEW GET WISE AND DONT BUY AND DONT RECOMMEND

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  4. e45

e45 Regular member

Bump for the people doing a new search

5. e45

e45 Regular member

Folks some people are reporting their boxes are still working, this will be the case until your "SUB" runs out, then its new box time.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  6. 2dogsfighting71

7. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

all it is is greed, by a kv get the service, buy a sv and sub, sub runs out buy another box and sub and so on so on, boils my piss, but you have jo public who aint gotta clue and buys one then in a years time his box is dead

8. cactikid

cactikid Active member

guess what folks starview and forum having problems again lol.

9. e45

e45 Regular member

Does anybody know where this person is gone too, i hear its Spain with all your money.

[​IMG]
    Please ring SV if you find him, he need to pay his sub's hahahahah

10. darn24p

darn24p Regular member

llf he bound to have a big villa and ferrari by now off all the ppl plowing there money in to this to be burned time and time again please this time round if it has to be a cable route buy a kryptview or go down the sly route

11. sparky27

sparky27 Member

How I wished I'd see this thread before I bought a "Starcon" box. Just lately (Like the past 6 weeks) I'v been told "The fix is filtering down" Finally got fed up waiting and contacted paypal and had my subs refunded, which got me banned off their forum.
    If I go for Kryptview will I be making another big mistake??? I'm on Vermin media..

OH! Sorry guys for a moaning first post.

12. 2dogsfighting71

Alright sparky, we all love to moan on here mate, you'll fit in great!

The kv works ok. A bit glitchy and sometimes it goes off but no subs.

AND who knows how long it will last???

13. sparky27

sparky27 Member

Bit of good news. Our first box that they "Bricked" with subs on has had our subs refunded by our credit card company.(both boxes refunded) Double whammy for the starview conmen.
    Folks, don't put up with their excuses..You CAN get your money back if you make the effort.
    Our Kryptview 780 arrived this morning..YAY!!!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  14. cactikid

cactikid Active member

well done on both counts .

15. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

When will people learn? follow the advice been given out here for years and JUST DO NOT BUY A STARVIEW BOX... EVER.

16. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

regardsless of who is doing what, the Starviews on the whole are and have been rip of merchants, from the firmware on the older boxs, so they could keep rolling out box after box with no support for the older ones to this crap,

who gives a flying one if its mystarview or johnny noname in korea, Starview is a poisoned chalice and has been for years, people were warned, the didnt wanna listen, so reap the rewards

17. cactikid

cactikid Active member

and the name starview will also be passed on to the new pile of poo called euroview=dont buy or no view.

18. e45

e45 Regular member

GUYS JUST TO LET YOU ALL KNOW PAY PAL ARE REFUNDING PEOPLE THERE MONEY IF THEY PUT A CLAIM IN AGAINST MYSTARVIEW FOR LACK OF SERVICE, SO I SUGGEST YOU DONT HANG AROUND DOING THIS, IF YOUR BOX IS STILL NOT CONNECTED OR YOU HAVE WAITED LONGER THAN TWO DAYS FOR CONNECTION, GET YOUR CLAIM IN NOW AND START THE BALL ROLLING, BEFORE THERE FUNDS RUN OUT, AND YOU GET NOTHING.

If you wait the seven days or more you are giving them a chance to get the money from Pay Pal to their account, once the money is in mystarview account they can empty that account, so when the pay pal claim does go in and pay pal look for the money back their account is empty so no funds to refund you.

I suggest you get your skates on while the going is good, as its not going to always be there.

19. e45

e45 Regular member

Well folks looks like the Starview forum has gone tits up or else they have just closed it, have been trying to have a look to see what is been said but sure cant even get on the site, looks like the s88t has hit the fan somewhere.

Good luck to anyone trying to get their money back now, or even getting your box switched back on.

20. jimbo600

jimbo600 Regular member

the starview forum is still running i have just been on the forum having a look at some of the posts,its quite funny reading some of the posts then then on the other hand i would not like to be one of the guys that have been ripped off.