1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview seems to have died ??

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by petepogo, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Turn your box off at the back and then back on again i presume you where using the epg when this happened if so that is the problem those boxes wher not meant for the irish market to work on the epg that is why you are having this problem as sometimes a corrupt packet gets into the system and causes a lock up of the box only way to clear it is to turn the box off at the back let me know how you get on thanks

2. lorr

lorr Member

Bit of a brginner at this. wat is epg? I tried to turn it off at the back and turn it back on and still nothing.

3. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

The epg is the program guide the button on the right just over the blue button on the remote

Ok if that did not work unplug the box from the wall and leave for about 10 min and then plug it back in again

Also check the scart lead that you have plugged into it that it has not become dislodged as well from either the box or the tv check the pins to see if any of them are pushed in and if you have a spare scart lead you could try that as well and see if it makes any difference ok

4. lorr

lorr Member

Hello, ive tried both changing the scart lead and plugging the box out and still no joy.

5. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Can you tell me before you update your box what firmware was on it if you updated it to the latest and you did not put the logo file on it this could be the problem also

Try reflashing your box to the file that was on it before you put the new one on it could be corrupt file that you put on it try that and let me know thanks

6. lorr

lorr Member

the box wasnt flashed when i got it so i had to do that and it worked fine for a few days. It was for n*l dublin. I waited until it was fully downloaded then disconnected the cable, What is the logo thing?

7. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

what did you put on it what version firmware and where did you get it from

8. lorr

lorr Member

I got the firmware from the person i bought it off, it was on a disc. 450eE api

9. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

ok try another reflash with it and see if that works if not if the box is still under warranty send it back ok

10. lorr

lorr Member

Ok i need to get the cables back because i lent them out. Il try reflash it and i will let you know how i get on. Thank you

11. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

yes please let me know thanks

12. power01

power01 Regular member

check your code one didget change.

13. lorr

lorr Member

What is That?

14. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Lorr pay no attention to that post as he obliviously has not been reading your problem and is just throwing stuff in here willy nilly

Did you reflash your box yet

15. lorr

lorr Member

Ok, No still waiting on the cables to be brought back to me should me in the next few days anyway. So as soon as i do that i will let you know how it goes. and i e mailed the man i got it off telling him i will be sending the box back if it does not work for me and he is not replying. so hopefully it will work for me or ive waisted my money.

16. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

it should be ok could be corrupt firmware that is all best of luck with it anyway

17. lorr

lorr Member

Hello, i had to go and buy a new usb adapter to flash my starview and now i cant get the adpayer to install, keeps popping up saying cannot install hardware.

18. computa

computa Member

i cant recive no channels at on only sum i can get. ive notied tht the ones i cant recive are printed in yellow n the ones i can recive are in white so how can i get all my channels working plz can sum1 help me if ya can thanks?

19. libolg

libolg Member

anybody got the codes for starview

20. cactikid

cactikid Active member

what box do u have?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.