1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview Software Upgrade

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by klck2000, Jun 18, 2007.

1. klck2000

klck2000 Member

Hi all

Have a few Starviews,currently on software 257e, which is okay but pain in the ass changing codes every few days. I also have v300e software, but i have been told that in Ireland when this software is put on the real (not cloned) boxes that the boxes freeze and scramble every 20 mins!!

I am thinking that instead of putting new codes on my box every few days that I will install the v300 software.Would you suggest this for Ireland or v400 which I see is also out??

Also regarding the clone boxes which I received from ebay, any software upgrade solution for that or is it just a case of codes all the time?

I would appreciate any suggestions.thanks in advance

karl

2. steo46

steo46 Regular member

there is a modded version of 257 for clones that has the autoroll function working. I have been testing this for nearly 2 weeks and found that it does everything it says on the tin. My advice to anybody is put v4 on genuine boxes and clonesafe 257 on clone boxes. then you will not have to worry about manually inputting keys.

3. klck2000

klck2000 Member

hi steo,

thanks for that.Any idea where to get the clonesafe v257 software for the clone boxes???.The distributer I got the clone box off sent me version 300e and said it will work on clone boxes however I didnt want to trust this as i heard it kills the clone boxes

4. power2614

power2614 Member

Where can i get the modded version of 257 please?