1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview Sound Problems

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by raymcl, May 15, 2007.

1. raymcl

raymcl Member

Hi Folks

I have a Starview with 757 software on it, about three months old, but I have some channels where the sound is not in sync with the movie you are watching(seems like a two second delay). Also since S*y rebranded/renamed their movie channels, I do not seem to be able to pick up some of them under their new names.

One last thing I have noticed is that when watching E4 there is audio commentary (obviously for the blind). How do I remove it as it only happens with E4

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

2. 310radio

310radio Member

To get rid of the commentary, press the AUDIO button and select the other audio option from the 2 available. Sound out of sync happens a lot on Satellite and that is where you cable signal comes from before it's streamed down the cable to you. Switching to standby and back again sometimes clears it. All the sky movies have the word "HID" after them like SMindieHID. These are the ones you can watch anytime. If you cannot get them, do a factory reset and rescan and they will appear.
    Hope this helps.

3. raymcl

raymcl Member

Thanks for the info. If I do a factory reset will I have to reprogram the parental code and list of favourite channels or will it only scan for channels not already stored on the box?

cheers

4. 310radio

310radio Member

A factory reset will clear all of your channels and settings and will make the box like you just received it.

5. raymcl

raymcl Member

thanks