1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview subscription?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by sheffelld, Aug 27, 2010.

1. sheffelld

sheffelld Member

hello! i promise i have researched these boxes, but have now got the following questions (reasonable ones?!) :D ha ha, ok...

1) i am looking at acquiring a starview combo HD+ for it's HDMI capabilities, is there a kryptview product with LAN and HDMI?
    2) Does your 12 month "subscription" begin when you install your firmware? i.e. if i bought a second hand box would it be possible for it to expire soon after?
    3) does upgrading/updating your firmware begin a new 12 month contract? (ha ha, fingers crossed)
    4) have i read correctly that a LAN enabled box, when connected, can receive non-FTA cable channels? (obviously illegal!)
    5) has anyone reading this post had any noteworthy possitive or negative experiences with either the starview combo HD+ or the kryptview a780 (or is the a790 out now?)

thanks for your time. :D

2. e45

e45 Regular member

1 === No

2 === yes for cable part

3 === No new box

4 === Yes it will

5 === The server is up and down like a pair of nickers on the Starview

6 === The Kryptview A780 no server issues or time limit

7 === Re 790 wrong front casing thats all A780 new firmware works on that box Dated the 24/08/ 2010

3. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

everything he said :)

4. sheffelld

sheffelld Member

cheers guys! this might seem like a fundamental question but... do you actually need a HDMI cable to watch HD channels? i mean, the kryptview sounds like a much more reliable machine, but can you watch HD channels with it? i've got a sony bravia tv. :D

5. e45

e45 Regular member

if the box is not HD you dont get hd just because you have a HD tv and yes you need a hdmi slot on the box as well

6. jjfizz

jjfizz Guest

yes m8

7. e45

e45 Regular member

no you cant as the box is NOT HD