1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview: The Box - Channels Missing (Channel Dump File Method)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by davemcg, Jun 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. del100

del100 Member

I have a Starview box all my channels where scrambled yesterday. Can someone kindly help me. I live in London.

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

What firmware are you using and is your key emu on? Press menu, type 1570 on remote and check it.

3. cactikid

cactikid Active member

take note guys i call it the lazy update 0% does not move try this ,go to another scrambled channel wait 15 secs it should move,or power off at back / on will update then. 3 known ways of getting boxes to update.lol

4. johnski

johnski Member

guys, just to let you know i used a differant laptop and everything worked fine. thank you all for your help we would be stuffed without you

5. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

Glad you got it sorted johnski & thanks for letting us know.

6. mel27

mel27 Member

Hi Guys Grateful if someone could help me. I have a friends TheBox which isnt updating. I flashed it, scanned in channels, found 184 channels, set emu to on but when it goes to update it stays at o%. I also have The Box which was working fine but i forgot to turn it off when i reset factory settings on my friends one and now i have the same problem. Does anyone know what i should do.

Thanks in advance
    Mel

7. karljd

karljd Regular member

menu 1570 press ok on set autodefault key exit to premium channel and it should kick in,also please use the search facility at the top of the page as this has been answered on numerous occasions

8. malci

malci Guest

Menu, 1570 into Cas System and press set default key and exit all the way out to Sky Sports and it should be Okay, don't understand the second part of your question, be a bit more explicit.

9. mel27

mel27 Member

Thanks for quick response. Tried that already and again just there but still nothing!!

10. malci

malci Guest

Sorry karl - didn't realise you were on the case. :)

11. karljd

karljd Regular member

give it a few moments

12. karljd

karljd Regular member

no your grand malci mate i'm off to bed in any way, early start.

13. malci

malci Guest

Won't be that long myself, cheers and I bid you goodnight karl.

14. mel27

mel27 Member

15. malci

malci Guest

Recheck that you have the main feed going into the cable input and all your connections are secure and correct, and of course that the EMU is turned to ON.

16. mel27

mel27 Member

Recheck that you have the main feed going into the cable input and all your connections are secure and correct, and of course that the EMU is turned to ON.[/quote]

yep everything in securly. i reset it again, scanned in stations, turned emu on and set default key but still same thing!!

17. malci

malci Guest

yep everything in securly. i reset it again, scanned in stations, turned emu on and set default key but still same thing!![/quote]

It's got to be something simple if yours was working earlier, what firmware have you on the box and are you getting any channels at all.

18. mel27

mel27 Member

It's got to be something simple if yours was working earlier, what firmware have you on the box and are you getting any channels at all.[/quote]

Just after trying it on a different tv and everythings after updating. Thanks a mill for your help. I'd be lost without all your knowledge.

Mel

19. malci

malci Guest

Just after trying it on a different tv and everythings after updating. Thanks a mill for your help. I'd be lost without all your knowledge.

Mel[/quote]

Your welcome anytime, a little bit of patience goes a long way, good luck and goodnight. Cheers :)

20. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

I was watching my starview this morning at 6am. It scrambled all channels about every 5 mins over the hour until I switched it off at 7am. I just put it onto SLY sports and it came back...anyone notice this too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.