1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview the box help please

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by faolteam, Jul 31, 2007.

1. freecable

freecable Member

hi i'm a beginner at all this but was just wondering if any one could shine a little light on this situation for me. i have recently purchased a starview 2 the box and have noticed that it has the latest firmware for ireland on it (4.50) but i live in england. although i have read that the latest version for england is 4.51 i am receiving all the channels bar a couple that i am not really bothered about but i did not want to come up against any problems in the future and was wondering weather i should put 4.51 on anyway. any help would be great. thank you.

2. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

My suggestion to you will be to put the v4.51 on for the Uk Market as down the line there could be problems maybe missing channels or missing codes roll

3. freecable

freecable Member

thanks for the advice.

4. donzo112

donzo112 Member

5. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Are you sorted fatpuss or have you still got problems

6. Pil

Pil Member

Somebody help me, i cant turn on the emu, tried 0000, 1570, and 1668 i have the channels saved again but emu is off. Pls
    Thxsssss

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

I have answered your query on the other thread you started please do not multipost and stick to one thread.

8. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

go to menu system information and see what API version is on your box and let us know

9. Pil

Pil Member

Really sorry im new on this, i dont have the box here, ill check that as soon as i get home, once i see what should i do.
    Sorry again

10. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

you need to let us know first so we can tell you without the info we cant diagnose the problem

11. katmex

katmex Member

Please help.... I have been looking at all the other information RE: The Box and am sorry if I am repeating problems that others have posted so here goes. I also have "The Box", I live in the UK (North East) my box has API ver 2.60e, Boot ver 7.0, 9 Apr 2007. I can scan for channels but most are scrambled. I have been told about hidden menus but am unable to find them??? any help will be eternally greatful.

12. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Ok first you need to update your box to v4.51 for the Uk you will get the file on the bottom of my post on eko link also you need to get gtrom loader from there also download to your desktop and then come back to me and let me know

13. katmex

katmex Member

Hi fergusrb, thanks for getting back so quickly, I have downloaded the gtrom loader and the v4.51 firmware from your eko link and are now on my desk top.

14. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

15. katmex

katmex Member

I got a cable with the box and I dont have a laptop

16. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Ok so now you need to connect the cable to the back of your pc and the other end to the set top box with no other cables connected to the box plug the box in to electricity and put on standby with remote

then click on your gtrom loader and browse to the bin file you have there as well which is your v4.51 ok then press download to put it on your box when it get's to 100% do not touch it as it is not finished wait another 50 seconds or so till you get another message on your pc telling you it is compleat

if you are unsure about this there is a tutorial on the eko site download it and view it it is a wmv file will open in media player let me know how you get on ok

17. katmex

katmex Member

I connected The Box to my PC (into my serial port) and then connected the power. I then turned The Box onto stand-by (clock showing) opened the GTRom Loader and browsed for the thebox_UK_H20070709_451eE_api firmware (on desktop) hit download and it says Flash Update Fail...

18. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

did you turn off the the pc before you connected the cable to the box if not reboot the pc and try again also some cables that came with the boxes where the wrong type so that could also be the problem i have to go out for 1/2 hr will be back so keep posting and i will answer when i get back

19. katmex

katmex Member

I have also tried changing the serial cable from the one I got supplied with one that I had bought from m**lins and still says Flash Update Fail... I am using serial port COM1 Baud Rate is set at 115200 and STB setting reads GCR 3510

20. katmex

katmex Member

I did as you asked and re-booted my pc and tried to install thebox_UK_H20070709_451eE_api firmware but still getting Flash Update Fail message..???