1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview the box help please

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by faolteam, Jul 31, 2007.

1. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

can you make sure your computer port is set to the same as the loader

go to my computer right click property's>hardware>device manager

scroll down to the ports and check the port number is the same as the one you are using

2. katmex

katmex Member

In device manager I have the following options; communications port (COM1), ECP printer port (LPT1), NetMos PCI Serial port (COM4), NetMos PCI Serial port (COM5) NetMos unusable parallel port (LPT3)I have tried flashing firmware with all available ports in GTRom Loader and still getting Flash Update Fail... after I recieve the fail message The Box goes from stand-by then on the display panel it flashes 4 dash's from left to right, then it reads -70- then goes onto the on mode??

3. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Plug out all the other ports printer and any others all you need is your pc and your modem and screen all others can be taken off the 4 flashing lights you have means it is a bad flash then go back to device manager and find the port that you have the null modem cable and change to com 1 ok i will try and get another v4.51 and send it by mail to you in case it is the software

4. katmex

katmex Member

I did as you asked and unplugged all un-needed cables from my pc (printer, scanner, speakers and keyboard) went into device manager and changed NetMos PCI Serial Port COM4 to COM1 and tried again and still getting the same error message??

5. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

is it a rs232 cable you are using or a null modem cable as both cables look the same but are not

on the right hand side of my post there is a head click on it and send me your email address and i will send you another v4.51 file in case the other one is nackered dont put your email address on the forum as you are not allowed ok

6. katmex

katmex Member

I have both null modem cable and rs232 cable, which should i be using?

7. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

null modem cable only as i said if it came with the box sometimes they send the wrong one but try the file i sent you and see if it is any better ok

8. katmex

katmex Member

Have tried both firmware's an still getting the same message, I know its a big ask but could you not remotly access my pc just to see if I am using the correct settings for the serial port. I am now using a brand new null modem cable and am gettin the same message. I have 2 null modem cables and 1 RS232 cable and am getting the same message with all of them???

9. sanj2408

sanj2408 Member

HI guys. i got a starview box and ive set it up but still not finding any channels at all. ive scanned a few networks and nothing.
    any ideas?

10. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Sorry for not replying sooner i had to go out and am only back now did you download the tutorial from the eko site for the flsahing

here is one download this first
    http://www.4shared.com/file/19347406/8612606/Flash-Sv.html

then download this one as well and read it you should be able to understand it
    http://eko.4shared.com/account/file.jsp?id=20030696&sId=XwvZthstsCeHJhOi

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2007
  11. ncotzec

ncotzec Member

Hi there new to this. Have a clone starview all channels still present although no picture just sound. Box keeps switching itself off and displaying only 1 digit on front of box which makes my remote control inoperable. Having severe difficulties getting into menu box just freezes up. Hav flashed with 257 fix using gt4100. Was successful but still no change. Does it need jtagging??? Any help much appreciated. Going mad!!!! Cheers...

12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sounds like it Im afraid although it could be a hardware fault also. If you are in Ireland send a pm to Fergusrb.

13. katmex

katmex Member

Hi Fergus, Thanks for all your help but I have tried all your suggestions with no success. I think it has somthing to do with the way my settings are configured on my PC and I'm just not that techy to be able to understand what they should be? do you know how my port settings should be configured so that my PC can "talk" to The Box??

14. reds05

reds05 Member

hi my friends starview box has got movies, but no sports channels and selected satellite channels missing, can some one tell me how to download files via rs232 cable, and which files?bins etc i will need to help him get his box working? a step by step fools guide would be appreciated with what i need and what to do. if any one can help that would be great. thanks alot

15. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Kat if you download the 2 files i put the links up for you it should sort you out read them it has all the info on them look about 4 posts up and you will see it ok

16. dubdubdub

dubdubdub Guest

Hi, i got "The box" last week, scanned all the channels from N*L, but almost all have the "£" on them blocking me.
    Do i need to download stuff to get it working, and if i do, were in Dublin can i buy what i need,
    Sorry if this is all answered elsewere as i am new to this stuff.
    TY in advance for all help.

I am in Dublin Ireland, with N*L,

System info:
    THE BOX
    API ver:2.60e
    Boot ver:7.0
    9.Apr.2007

17. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

If you start at the first page on the post and read thru to the end all the questions you are asking are to be found there and there are only 4 pages to read so should be no problem and the software you need to download the answers are there as`well ok let us know how you got on

18. dubdubdub

dubdubdub Guest

Thanx, will go to shops in the morning and buy a USB to Serial 9 Pin Male Adaptor.

19. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

That adapter is for the laptop and you will also need a NULL MODEM CABLE to update it to 4.50 , you might have got a cable supplied with the box and it could be the rs232 and that wont do the job

20. dubdubdub

dubdubdub Guest

Dang, i have a pc, and got no cable with The Box.