1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview - The Box - No signal? Cannot scan any channels

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Doom33, Jul 10, 2007.

1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Do as Main has said you need to perform a manual scan at these frequencies.

DRAMA 675.000
    E4 563.000

Press Menu, installation, manual scan, go down to where it says disable and press right arrow on the remote to enable it. You can only do one frequecy at a time.

2. madmaggie

madmaggie Guest

Checked all connections they're ok.Drama has never come in but its only since last night that E4 has gone off hope its not a sign of things to come !Are those frequencies for n*l ireland where im based

3. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

e4 is 339500 and drama is 379500for ireland N** area

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yes they are for N**

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sorry I took them from Martin's list Ferg

6. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Scouser they are uk ones he has different to here no prob

7. madmaggie

madmaggie Guest

When i scan those freqs it says "No Channels found"

8. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

have you got the right symbol rate in as these are the irish frequency's so unless you can do without them you will have to do a complete reset again up to you

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Thanks ferg, on another note I have sent more people needing jtags to you hope you dont mind.

10. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

They have come and gone nobody is up for it as this will be my first should i ever get one but sure they have nothing to loose only gain as there nackered already

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Too true ,but I have sent more so what, (as you have said), have they got to lose?

12. madmaggie

madmaggie Guest

The symbol rate is 6887Ksps all the other channels are clear its just those two

13. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Ok you will just have to live without them or do the other thing reset not worth for 2 stations unless you really want them

14. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Maggie as per one of your earlier queries http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/533180

Which state that you have moved the box from one room to another. You say it was working fine before you moved it and now you are having problems. This leads me to believe that you have a badly terminated/installed coax extension feed.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
  15. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

also have you checked your scart lead wont work properly without it

16. madmaggie

madmaggie Guest

That is a different box, no worries guys thanks for your help think ill live without those channels

17. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

not worth the hassle for 2 stations they are not great anyway

18. eazyeyann

eazyeyann Member

Hi, I'm having the same problem as madmaggie here. The box was working fine on Thursday. I unplugged it then plugged it in again on friday and all the channels are now bad channels. Can anyone help? Please go easy as I'm a newbie. I've checked all the codes and EMU is on.

19. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

you will have to do is a factory reset code is 1668 press ok then turn box off
    wait 1 min then turn back on then press ok to the language then into installation
    put your provider in there which is whoever you use ok down to auto scan let it finish doing the
    scan do not stop if you see some come up as failed that is not a problem just let it
    carry on when it has found all the channels exit out back to menu press 1570 down to EMU
    and turn that on exit exit exit and you should be sorted ok let me know how you get on ok

20. eazyeyann

eazyeyann Member

thanks fergusrb, worked a treat. Keep up the good work guys. Very much appreciated.