1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview the box on NTL MMDS

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by gmcg, Oct 10, 2007.

1. gmcg

gmcg Member

HI,

I tried to install "the Box" in a house with mmds today but had no joy with it but yet they have a digital subscription with NTL already. It just ssanned from 1/24 - 24/24 and all failed.
    Can anyone help me here please??

Cheers...

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Has it got the latest firmware on "The Box"? It will work on N** MMDS sorry have to leave for the evening but someone will help you out, just letting you know it will work :)

3. nailsirl

nailsirl Member

Have the same problem. live in an apartment and can only pick up 12 channels. no matter what i have tried it won't work. i think that the signal strength is too low. Scouser has been helping me out but as of yet have not got it working. If you find and answer I would love to hear it.

4. gmcg

gmcg Member

Hiya,

Im not sure if i have the current version of software on it but il check later, Just wondering if you have heard of this situation where when i put the box in and scanned it it did not come back with anything but about an hour or so later all the other proper N*L digital boxes came up saying they were updating.... so we had to call an engineer.?????

Also running with MMDS do you plug the incoming cable into the port on the back that says "Antenna in Or Cable in">>

Ta,
    G.

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Press menu and system info and post what it says. The problem you had was more coincidental I would say.

As its N** MMDS you plug into the cable in RF socket.

6. aslanirl

aslanirl Member

i have nt smell mmds in lusk and it works great pick up total of 141 channels and was on the phone th them to day and by next week on mmds there will be extra channels when the fully join together with chor1s