1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview:The Box Super - Null modem connection.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by omendata, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omendata

omendata Regular member

I just bought my first Starview box , made up a null modem cable, Tested it and attached it to my new Starview to play about with the box and see if i can load the channels down to the pc for modification.

The starview itself works a treat and there is no need for me to change the image so im not trying to flash it but I cannot get any connection to the starview at all to download (or upload as the software indicates) to my pc

I have tried going into the starview and selecting the software update menu nadda

Ran gtloader and have done everything correctly according to the instructions i got with the box but nadda

Do you have to put these boxes into some hidden menu option or mode before you try and utilize the connectivity software or should it work straight off?

Ive tested the cable and tried it on two different pcs in case it was the serial port , tried hyperterminal to see if i could get a response but im not getting any conncetivity at all?

Can the serial port be disabled?
    Do you have to use a jtag to enable the software upload/download on these new boxes?

It was never this tricky with the dbox2!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.