1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview update

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by barking, Jun 19, 2007.

1. barking

barking Guest

Hi all, does anybody out there know if I can install 3.00e_E, boot ver 7.0 on to my starview. It appears to have 2004 version of something on it. If it is possible can anybodt give me an easy step by step guide to the installation as I have never done anything like this before.
    Thanks in advance. Appreciate all the help so far

2. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

first have you got a clone or genuine box.because 3.00 will kill a clone.if you have a genuine then put 4.00 on your box its better(theres a link at the bottom of my post).now you need to connect your null modem cable to your computer and to your starview.no you need gtrom loader(link at bottom of post).once you have gtrom loader press bin file pick the firmware.press download.wait untill it says "download complete".now at the main menu press 1570 turn emu on go to a scrambled channel and let it update.

3. barking

barking Guest

Hi ryanmq, just discovered that I have the wrong cable so will have to wait till I get one. Will try when I have purchased but thanks a mil for your help. Will get back to you if I need more help if thats ok. Thanks

4. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

no prob

5. barking

barking Guest

Sorry but just a quick question. My starview has a 9 pin socket male so I will need a female end for that one but my laptop has a 15 female socket. Do you know exactly what cable I will need. Thanks

6. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

you need a usb rs 232 cable.the usb goes in your laptop and the 9pin female in the starview.make sure you get 9 pin

7. barking

barking Guest

thanks will be in touch again no doubt

8. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

9. barking

barking Guest

ryanmg thanks a million for your help. Got the cable and did as you said. Now I have the v4 software on it. While you are there a friend of mine has a starview and he wants me to update his software but he is not sure if he has a clone. Anyway of finding out and if its the 257 (I think it's called) is it possible to update to the v4 software. And finally what is the main benefit of the v4 compared to the 300e. Thanks

10. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

if you want to know if his box is a clone click on my name i have pics of clones compared to genuines on my profile page.also v4 does not freeze the way 3.00 does.

11. barking

barking Guest

Thanks a million. Job done