1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview update

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by geezerdub, Jul 3, 2007.

1. geezerdub

geezerdub Guest

Im having problems updating the starview firmware I have version 2.58e unfortunately and can't input put any codes. I got a null modem cable today and GTRom loader and the appropriate firmware(257) but the progress bar doesn't move at all.

2. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

have you got it on the right com port.and are you sure its a null modem cable.

3. geezerdub

geezerdub Guest

ye its a nine pin female to female lead. I choose COM1 in GT and it doesn't connect but if I choose COM3 it stalls a bit likes its trying to make a connection.

4. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

try all four com ports.and are you sure you have a null modem cable it has to say null modem cable on the box.because you could have a rs232 cable.

5. geezerdub

geezerdub Guest

ye its an RS232 could that be the problem? Its from Switzerland but it says "ROLINE RS232 kabel,DB9 1,8m"

6. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

yeah i think that is the problem.a null modem is a rs232 cable but it has a difference to a normal rs232 cable.you will have to buy a null modem cable.

7. geezerdub

geezerdub Guest

Thanks for your help. Could you tell me were I might buy one of these online

8. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

9. geezerdub

geezerdub Guest

Sound man I'll keep you posted

10. geezerdub

geezerdub Guest

I think that might be the same cable I have. The connectors are the same colour, does that make a difference

11. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

the rs232 cable looks identical to a null modem cable its the inside that has the difference.

12. geezerdub

geezerdub Guest

got the cable. updated to v400 everything fine except some of the channels are garbled

13. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Delete the garbled channels and do a manual scan this should solve the problems.

14. geezerdub

geezerdub Guest

no joy. the garbled channels reappear again. im using n*l in dublin.

15. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

what do you mean garbled.

16. geezerdub

geezerdub Guest

picture skips with little blocks of green, and the audio skips

17. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

deleting the channel doesn't work.you can't really do anything about the green blocks it just happens sometimes.

18. geezerdub

geezerdub Guest

this is actually persistant i cant watch discovery science, chelsea tv. also is the ppv channel,sky box office?

19. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

have you got the cable spilt it could be a weak signal.

20. geezerdub

geezerdub Guest

the garbled channels actually work fine on the original n*l box