1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview update

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by geezerdub, Jul 3, 2007.

1. tmck2

tmck2 Regular member

connected up again downloaded loader notice cannot open com port because of error on last go any ideas

2. tmck2

tmck2 Regular member

celtic 71 or anyone out there got a bad flash box wont go into standby mode only thing that happens is digits on front of box continually cross screen will not take comands from controller please help tnk u

3. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Disconnect the SV from your tele , Plug the Null modem cable into ur pc and connect the other end to ur SV , Turn ur SV on and put in standby mode. The open the GT ROM Loader

4. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

turn your pc off before connecting cable to box then connect to box turn the box on first then the pc try that then put your box in standby with remote then reflash and wait till it finishes even after you see 100% it takes another 50 seconds after this till you see the on sign on your box ok

5. tmck2

tmck2 Regular member

it wont go to standby it wont respond to remote controll

6. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Try press the button on the front of the SV

7. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

ok what box do you have and what software is onit

8. tmck2

tmck2 Regular member

tried that too afew times

9. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

ok what box do you have and what software is on it

10. tmck2

tmck2 Regular member

a clone im quite sure 2.57 i was putting on the fix

11. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Ok you will have to try this

If you have a bad flash, switch it off then on at the back & make sure its on standby.
    Then Flash as normal. This also applies to flashing (up & downloading) the channel data file.
    If for some reason you cannot flash and have set and checked everything else such as ports and connections,
    then you should switch off at the back wait a moment then on again. Then try to flash again.

If for some reason it won't go into standby and you see a constant moving green line.
    you may want to wait to see if it goes into standby or switches on eventually or re-flash from this state
    though it may not work. Some users have reported that flashing an older firmware 1st that was working,
    then trying again may help. If your flash has failed or corrupted try again but 1st flash back the firmware
    that was on before your failed flash. Re download the firmware just in case you had a corrupted file then try again.
    If you do flash from the moving green line state at boot, you will see the % increase on the GTRom loader
    software but not on the Starview. Toward the end of the flash you'll see a Flash Burning message in GTRom.
    Make sure you wait until all is finished and you see the Download complete pop up message in GTRom.

Another method you can use to recover from a bad flash, eg. the box won't boot to standby and is stuck
    in pre standby, either after about 3 or 4 moving green lines the box sticks with the green line not moving
    at all or it keeps moving forever. If the box will NOT RE-FLASH as normal from on or standby, try this but it
    may take a few goes to work.

Connect the box to the pc with your cable but switch it off at the back. Load the correct
    firmware bin file into GTRom & set it to the correct com port, and select App file only then hit Download.
    Only then switch on at the back to power on the box. It may take a few sec. so wait at least 30 sec.
    (If it doesn't work 1st time try also waiting a couple of sec. to switch on after pressing download in the loader.) It may take more than 1 try to work, but eventually you'll see the loader kick in and the % bar increase. You won't see the % on the Starview though. Only green lines moving left to right. Towards the end of the flash you'll see a message in GTRom saying FLASH BURNING. Then it will reach 100% and wait for the download complete pop up box to appear & the box will reboot back to factory setup. You will have lost any channel data previously on the box & will need to rescan & switch on EMU and set the box up from scratch.

If you don't know the state of the box switch it on see what happens see if there already has been a channel
    scan done before-meaning there are channels on it working or not. If so tune to an unencrypted channel as above
    then standby then re-flash.

12. tmck2

tmck2 Regular member

hi back again in same position as before note comes up on screen cannot open serial port last error access denied even if turned off at back anyone any ideas

13. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

does your box turn on and have you any channels on it that you can see or is the box just dead

14. tmck2

tmck2 Regular member

box is quite dead

15. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

ok if your box is dead you need it jtaged that is all i can do it for you for a small fee if you want you can drop it to me or post you pay postage both ways you can pm me if you want use the head on the right of the post ok

16. tmck2

tmck2 Regular member

i may drop it to you if you if ifind your particulars i am new to pc i cannot find your link incidentally will you be putting on 2.57 fixed tnk you

17. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

yes i will look to the right you will see something like a head click it and pm me from there try that and let me know ok

It is beside the report offensive post

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2007
  18. lawlor59

lawlor59 Member

HOW DO YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CLONE AND AN ORIGINAL CAN ANYONE HELP

19. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Turn your caps off not allowed on the forum

18 cuts in top ==clone

25 cuts in top==genuine

13 cuts in top==1st generation box

20. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

removed

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2007