1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview update

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by geezerdub, Jul 3, 2007.

1. lawlor59

lawlor59 Member

I'm flashing the box for a friend i have a replay lite the i flashed but don't know anything about the starview box so you'll have to be a bit specific please

2. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

on the top of the box there are slits count them and go back to the previous post for what the are top to bottom

3. lawlor59

lawlor59 Member

it has 18 so it must be a clone thanks very much for your help fergusrb

4. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

correct you have a clone box for deffo so be careful what you put on it

5. lawlor59

lawlor59 Member

i put the clone software on it but still not gettin all channels. done a full channel search and some things comin up failed any suggestions

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You need the codes for your area, tellme your general location and provider details.

7. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Yes do a full scan and dont mind the fail part do not stop it let it go right to the end of the scanning

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sorry Ferg I was multitasking again didnt see you there :)

9. lawlor59

lawlor59 Member

with the new clone software does it not get the codes itself?

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yes it does sorry for the confusion

11. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

yes it will if you have them in there already if the code change it will autoroll then

12. lawlor59

lawlor59 Member

i got it now the emu was off and i turned it on and all channels seem to be workin thanks very much for your help man its much appreciated

13. buckymix

buckymix Guest

Hi guys, I'm having some trouble with a number of stations freezing up.... some music & childrens channels mainly Magic, Bubble Hits & Nickelodeon... tried a factory reset and searching the channels again, also tried a manual scan aswell ... is there anything else i can try or do i just learn to live with the problem ??

14. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

can you go to menu system info and tell me what API version you are using and also if your box is genuine or clone thanks

15. buckymix

buckymix Guest

hi fergusrb, the API ver is 4.00e_E & the box is a genuine ... also im not sure if this could be part of the problem aswell, when I an automatic scan it will only find 24 TP's . . where it used to find 37 . . i have to re-scan about 10 times before it finds 37 TP . . could it be due to the N*L signal in north dublin ??

16. buckymix

buckymix Guest

hi fergusrb, the API ver is 4.00e_E & the box is a genuine ... also im not sure if this could be part of the problem aswell, when I an automatic scan it will only find 24 TP's . . where it used to find 37 . . i have to re-scan about 10 times before it finds 37 TP . . could it be due to the N*L signal in north dublin ??

17. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

You have the latest version installed , are you scanning channels from the main living room or a bedroom ?

18. buckymix

buckymix Guest

19. buckymix

buckymix Guest

hi Celtic71, I've tried scanning the channels from both the living room and the bedroom... I then took the box to my brothers house and thats where I actually found the 37 TP's....

20. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

if you are in the uk you need to updat your firmware to v4.51 or if in ireland v4.50 they can be downloaded from the link under my post called eko make sure you get the correct one for your area ok