1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW UPDATING FIRMWARE - NO CODE BEGGING HERE

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Celtic71, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

First of all did you flash the box when you bought it if so all you need to do is press menu then on the keypad type in the numbers 1 5 7 0 after you do that you will be in the cas menu look on the bottom you will see the EMU scroll to the right and turn this on then press the exit button 3 times back out to the main tv then go to sly sports and let the box update and you are sorted

2. lov3ly

lov3ly Member

hi.. my codes have been updating but not with the correct codes what could be wrong??? how can i get the correct codes???? plz help me!! :(

3. geraldor4

geraldor4 Member

Hey, i've tried updating my starview box by using the biqmap downloads. Can anyone help me update it? It's a clone starview box.
    thanks.

4. mrfab

mrfab Member

Thanx,vicatron,Ive got winrar,tried to open firmware for the box ireland,now im gettin a message saying the file may be corrupted or in an unknown format,any ideas?

5. mrfab

mrfab Member

Call off the search,everything sorted, box workin,thanx for the help guys,gentlemen every last one of ye ;)

6. DesB

DesB Regular member

MrFaB for your info Vicatron is a She... OOps!! LOL

7. mrfab

mrfab Member

My profoundest? apologies lady Vicatron. Any semblence of misogyny is purely accidental.Again thanx and sorry,I cant find the emoticons to convey my shame ;)

8. karljd

karljd Regular member

mrfab by name and nature

9. iona_ie

iona_ie Member

sorry for the delay in thanking you guys.i was away from the pc for a few days. a few of the mates need their SV3's updated to so at least now i know i'm doing it right. Mine was the guinea pig. Nice one

10. johnbob50

johnbob50 Member

moggser
    2. June 2008 @ 17:43 Link to this message
    Originally posted by johnbob50:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by widstyle:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    when i was updating , it said successfully completed, but when i connect to the tv, the system information still says AUG 07. And its back to same problem no channels found on scan.

menu 1570
    Turn EMU on
    Set Default Key
    press ok
    Exit to s*y sports & let it update.

Have tried this to no joy, i cannot even go back to channels as there are none tunned in. any ideas????

what box you got where are you and what firmware did you put on it?

Hi moggser,

I have a genuine Starview, living in Dublin and the firmware is Cryptstar v1.4 genuine only. As far as i can see it is downloading 100% and i get the notification that it has completed. The problem is when i go to do an automatic scan and select nThell. It looks for the TP's but they all fail and eventually get the message of 0 programmes found.

11. max_baby

max_baby Member

Sorry for hijacking your thread,wondering if anybody has a manual for Thebox super starview 3 genuine and all the instructions on setting it up etc.I bought my box in manchester with out a manual or rs232 cable through a friend of a friend of friend and it work alright in manchester ,but on moving to london it doesnt work.have tried to scan for channels connected to N*L but nothing comes up.If i press menu then type in 1570 nothing happens,i just stay on the meenu and cant get on the parental control coz they cant be selected.Any body that can help me PLEASE

12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

I presume it was flashed as it was working in your previous address.Turn the box off and back on from the back switch.Do a factory reset and scan on C&* or Telepest, (more than likely C** though) as you have moved provider areas.

13. squink

squink Guest

i have posted here before, still got problems with what looks like a channel scanning problem, i have a genuine st*rview 1 now with Crypstar vrs 1.4 genuine only on it. Manchester location. Ever since i completed the first update with the latest code the box hasn't worked. On auto scan i tend to either get 20 or so channels (working or not) OR just a few with scrambled lettering on the channel titles. Moving the connection to the real N*L bx works fine. Leads are the same i used for the past few years, all cables in the right places. Can something in the box not work which might result in poor reception or unable to auto scan properly?

14. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Try a factory reset, turn the box off the back on from the back switch and then rescan.

15. max_baby

max_baby Member

Am at work at the moment will try to do this when i get home tonight ,thanks for the quick response ,will let you know how i get on

16. rodhfc

rodhfc Member

hi, i just flashed my box so it has the newest firmware (7.05).i cant get any channels now execpt freeview channels. can please help thanks.

17. moggser

moggser Regular member

ok did you turn the emu on after the download sometimes it knocks off also the info stays the same i.e aug 07 so don worry abut that where in dub you @

18. moggser

moggser Regular member

wh y did you flash your box when did you get it?
    make sure the emu is on

menu 1570
    Turn EMU on
    Set Default Key
    press ok
    Exit to s*y sports & let it update.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  19. rodhfc

rodhfc Member

i just got my box today it had 6.00 firmware so thats why i had to flash

that worked btw cheers for that but i have 1 more problem. i dont get all the sports channels only some like i get setanta 1 but not 2 . plus not got all the movie channels .

20. moggser

moggser Regular member

oh ok you just got one from the new batch as far as i am aware there is no set2 anymore and what othere sports one you missin?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.