1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW UPDATING FIRMWARE - NO CODE BEGGING HERE

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Celtic71, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaymoss76

jaymoss76 Member

Just to let you guys know I put the new firmware 7.05e on my starview 3 box and it still continued to reboot, I put the 6.01e firmware on there and it has been spot on since.... however I used to get sound on bravo 2 but now I dont?

2. vicatron

vicatron Regular member

i have a starview 3 as well and mine's reboots every day or so...some people have found checking you have a secure connection at the back makes a difference...stops it happpening as much at least...but it doesn't matter if you put 6.01 or 7.05 on its still gonna happen...a small price to pay to see taylors 9 darter!

3. malci

malci Guest

No Sound
    This method is worth a try - always works on SV 1 and 2 >>>>
    To get back sound on individual channels just try selecting the channel in question press Menu,
    Select installation OK, Select manual scan OK, Press OK on down frequency. Do not Enable Network Scan. It'll now scan for channels when its finished exit back to normal TV viewing screen go to the end of your channel listing and the desired channel should be there with sound. (Not to sure about SV3 it may auto-arrange) delete the non working channel.
    This can always be done and works on SV 1 & 2 on any channel with no sound by just selecting that channel and following the instructions above, worth a try anyway.

4. triggster

triggster Member

im trying my best to update my original starview box 3rd attempt in 6 months but seem to hit a brick wall every time todays fiasco gtromloader( the red icon one) downloaded it tried to open it and get message "adobe reader could not open 'gtrom-v4.00.rar'because it either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged(for example it was sent as an email attachmentand wasnt decoded correctly)" help!!

5. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

you need to download winrar to extact the rar file, itll open it no problems then, save it to your desktop so its easy to find, winrar is free from this site

6. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

you need to download winrar to open the zipped up file once you install winrar you will see your file as a little book right click it and tell it to extract here to your desktop

7. malci

malci Guest

It needs to be unzipped, download Winrar from the Library at the bottom of post install and unwrap it with that.

8. triggster

triggster Member

thanks-where is it found?

9. triggster

triggster Member

sorry just read your post properly

10. malci

malci Guest

Eamo's FTA Library at the bottom of post >>>>>
    Eamo's FTA Library http://eko.4shared.com/

11. triggster

triggster Member

found it downloaded it no midea where though how do i do this unwrapping business?

12. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

read back to my post it tells you there mate top one

13. triggster

triggster Member

thanks didnt realise u had posted as well-ill see if i can find the bl**dy thing first!!

14. malci

malci Guest

As fergus has said it as all been explained for you, if you are having trouble or finding it difficult then just go back to the Library, into Starview Folder then into Software and download the 2nd file down, the GTRom_v4.00.exe, that way when you have it on the desktop it will turn into a red arrow as soon as you click it. That one is not zipped.

15. triggster

triggster Member

thanks again-thought i had found it clicked on it and it crashed my computer twice worst thing i ever did getting vista cant find anything and too sensitive-ah well here we go again ill keep going till i fall asleep

16. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

click on winrar which is highlighted in blue in this sentence and download the latest beta version

17. johncarlt

johncarlt Member

Hi, have a original *view box and just in the process of updating with latest software (thx). I'm not sure if I read somewhere that this should autoroll. Can anyone confirm.

18. rabg1

rabg1 Member

anyone know the 4 digit code to get into the menu to change codes. i can remember it. cheers

19. ganscu

ganscu Member

it,s 1570 then into nav

20. rabg1

rabg1 Member

thanks mte, but 1570 just will not work, i cannot remember if that was the code i used last time, are there any other common codes instead of 1570. also do i put the code in when im in system info?

cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.