1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW UPDATING FIRMWARE - NO CODE BEGGING HERE

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Celtic71, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malci

malci Guest

Menu - enter 1570 and the Cas System Menu should appear - OK on Nagravision and this is where you manually enter. If this fails, then try Menu - down to Parental Control hit OK and then Press INFO button on remote and enter 2004, this will then open Cas System.

2. rabg1

rabg1 Member

thanks for all your help foks, sadly none of this is working.

i dont know whats going on. when i press info in the parental control nothing happens. its just asking for my old pin, and asking me to enter my new pin. im completly lost now.

im alomost sure the last time i got into the narga menu 1570 wasnt my pin.

3. DesB

DesB Regular member

Rab, when you say you cant get passed Menu to input the codes this means the box hasn,t being flashed, therefore you will have to flash it with the correct firmware.

4. omniradar

omniradar Member

Guys I'm having problems updating firmware, I have the cable that worked fine till i updated my graphics card to ati 3870 which did not give me a socket to put the null modem cable into, so i bought a usb to starview cable & also a mini sex changer adapter, but does not matter what config i do it does not update , i manage to get the gt rom loader working and the 257ee crypto file ready to go but the percentage just stays at zero then says f/w update failed, any ideas? cheers in advance

5. triggster

triggster Member

further to my attempts last night and comp crashing i have worries that the cryptview firmware is infected anyone else had a problem with this as it has again destroyed my computer as soon as i hit download and open

6. DesB

DesB Regular member

Sorry bud, bit early in the day for all the Techie Talk,if you go here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/663923

Celtic will tell what you need, and look through the pages, your not the first to have this problem, and you should get sorted..

7. triggster

triggster Member

sorry meant crypstar

8. DesB

DesB Regular member

There must be another reason for your computer crashing as at least a thousand if not more people have downloaded these tried and tested Firmware, I pressume you used the one recommended on Eamo,s site and not the Ronald Mc Donald one

9. moggser

moggser Regular member

is it a replay lite you have??

10. jaymoss76

jaymoss76 Member

mine has always been connected properly at the back, still no reboots since putting 6.01 firmware on, this is the only thing I have changed ;-)

11. karljd

karljd Regular member

only in for a nose,triggster i have the same problem everytime i use the gt rom loader so it is not a currupt file or a infected one,and i'm on xp cant get any answers at for it so i use my mates pc with a serial port to update starviews,sorry i have no solution myself and have been trying months now for a fix.

12. moggser

moggser Regular member

just to throw something in to the mix mine reboots it did when i had 6.00 on it and does now when i have 6.01 on it cani ask do you ever turn the box off alltogether##>

13. triggster

triggster Member

thanks for the input karlkid i was getting mighty p***** off ill try at a mates house like u did thanks again

14. jaymoss76

jaymoss76 Member

I only turn it off at the box power on/off button,like I say no reboots since the 6.01e firmware.

15. moggser

moggser Regular member

well thats what i mean you do turn it off cause me therory is that when said box is always on i think it re boots cause of over heatin like a thremo switch might be wrong but

16. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Just to let all you people know nothing to do with overheating the last lot of starview super boxes that came out within the last 3 or 4 weeks have an extra output on the back of them and it is these ones that are having the problems the older ones without the extra tv output on them are fine so if you have the older one it will not reboot only the later ones the firmware is been worked on this week so i would say it will be sorted within the next couple of weeks so just be patient

one thing i need to know is when the box reboots does it say anything on the tv screen or anything on the display like any code or anything like that as this will help if this could be known before they start to fix the problem

17. moggser

moggser Regular member

howya Fergus
    the box just says boot on the front interface and screen just goes black like if the power goes for a second if ya get me and ive and older one and mine reboots alot well it did before i put 6.01 on it and it reboots now still but only 2wice maybe with the 6.00 it did nearly every nite and also froze a bit with the scrambled or bad channel message pop up hope that helped ya

hows things with ya

18. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

hi mate

is this one of the newer boxes or the older one without the new tv output on them any of the new boxes has to have v7.05 on them or this also causes problems as they come in with v8.00 on them ????

19. moggser

moggser Regular member

no mines a older one only has 3 out puts on it and had v6.00 on it and i put v6.01 on it now i seen a new one from a mate and he had v6.00 on it and he brought it to me and i put v 7.05 o n it and its ok now

20. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

if it comes with v6 on it and you put v7.05 on it that is old box not new new come with v8.00 on it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.